Report #2

"Captain, I heard you have an update for me?"

The king squinted from the sun despite the shield of his sunglasses, and sat on the steps outside the castle. Despite everyone constantly telling him to be 'professional', the king prefered a... More relaxed approach to things. More casual. If the incident with the flower crown was any indication, the king didn't always take his role too seriously.

He patted the empty space next to him, and the Captain hesitantly took it.

"Yes sir, we think the group are humans actually."

"And the one you thought was mutated?"

"He might be a hostage sir."

The king raised his eyebrows in surprise. The Captain never made such accusations lightly. "What makes you think that?"

"Well, two mutated - definitely mutated - attacked the group the other day, a-and the one we think is a hostage switched sides immediately! He'd have no reason to unless he was being held against his will. Also, the hostage seems to have the ability to sort of... Split in two, which is interesting. "

The Captain twitched nervously. She wasn't very comfortable with all this kidnapping and hostages: despite being a Captain, she had a soft heart.

"What was the outcome of the conflict?"

"Again we're not entirely sure, but one of the mutated that attacked the humans was killed for sure. The hostage and the other mutated are most likely alive but the other mutated fled. And sir... They're still heading this way."

The king stood and sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of his nose. "How close are they?"

"If they keep the same pace, I'd estimate maybe a day's time"

"Then I'll ask Sparkles to send his squad out-"

"Captain Sparkles!" The Captain cried incredulously and jumped up, "I'm sorry sir but he is the least compitent captain I've ever seen!"

The king looked over his sunglasses at his best captain and said sternly, "You're not questioning me are you Captain Puffy?"

Captain Puffy immideatly stiffened; The king never used her full title when they spoke alone. "O-oh of course not sir!" she said, snapping to attention.

"Captain, relax, I'm just messing with you." The king laughed.

Surprised by the sudden drop in tension Captain Puffy laughed too, though it was noticeably more forced than the King's. "So um, about sending me instead of Captain Sparkes, sir?"

"Listen Captain, I've trusted you my whole life and you've never let me down. So yes I'll send your squadron instead-"

The Captain smiled and was about to thank the king.

"-but! You should really give Captain Sparkles a chance; he's not as bad as you think." The king pulled down his sunglasses and winked before pushing them back up.

Captain Puffy nodded and smiled, "Alright Sir, I will. And while I'm at it I'll get my squad ready to head out: those humans won't know what hit them!"
_______________________________________

Oops. Talk about a misunderstanding amiright?

And don't worry the next chapter is a lot longer.

Sincerely, a purple blanket