The End

What's this?? Updating two days in a row?!?? Well shit's going down in this book right now so I thought I'd get right to it.

Tw for death, swearing, and suicide (well its not technically suicide but eh it can't hurt to put the warning in)
_______________________________________

Time slowed as Sapnap, still clutching George's limp body, watched Dream raise a sword above Halo's head. The latter squeezed his glowing white eyes shut against the sight of the steel - he looked truly afraid for the first time since his transformation.

Wait- wait waitwaitwait this was Halo this was George and Sapnap's friend he could lose another friend he couldn't lose another friend couldn't lose-

Almost automatically, Sapnap untangled his arms from George - letting go of an iron grip he thought he would've held forever. He reached for his bow and notched an arrow on the string. Both were slippery from the ice cold rain but Sapnap held them steady.

"Dream. Don't you dare kill him."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Yeah but- what the fuck do you mean? Why not?!"

"I... He's my friend-" Sapnap hated the way his voice broke on that last word. His fear and emotion getting in the way again, like They always told him it did. And would. Forever.

"How can you say that! He's killed so many people!" Dream was understandably upset. But Sapnap understood: Dream hadn't known the way Halo was before. Dream had never met the Halo who loved to bake muffins and told great jokes and stuck up for those who needed it and loved his friends with all his heart.

But Sapnap didn't know how to tell Dream all of this, so he just shook his head and willed Dream to trust him. The human's arms were hurting from drawing the bow string so tight and holding it up for so long. He realised he was shaking.

"Is this- you're choosing him over me?"

"..."

Dream scoffed, and with a softer yet accusatory tone he asked, "You'd choose him over George?"

That wasn't fair. George was already gone and Sapnap was going to stop anyone else leaving too. He was trying to be Good, to Save His Friends.

"You don't think George deserves vengeance? You don't want fucking revenge Sap? Huh? HE JUST FUCKING MURDERED YOUR BEST FRIEND!"

Sapnap could help but flinch and sob even harder, "You can't Dream you can't kill him- I won't let you."

"Fuck you. You don't have the guts." despite his bravado, Dream's chest felt cold with fear as he turned away from Sapnap.

Dream let his sword fall.
Sapnap let his arrow fly.
_______________________________________

It was a great shot.

Halo cackled gleefully as he stomped Dream's stupid mask to pieces. He cast a mockingly sad look over the mutated's body and the arrow protruding from his temple.

If only he'd kept the mask design that actually protected his face instead of just hiding it.

The rain had slowed, but the ground was still slippery, ruining the hem of the demon mutated's cloak. He tutted, thinking about how he would get it all clean again.

Sapnap was still just sitting there, all boring. The muffin hadn't said a thing for the past fifteen minutes, he just sat there shaking and staring at nothing. He was probably going to get hypothermia.