There Isn't Time Enough

Major TW: there will be death - main character or otherwise - in the next few chapters. There may also be swearing. This TW applied for the next few chapters.
_______________________________________

The frosty morning nipped at  Wilbur's ghostly fingers and toes as he pulled a yellow jumper over his head, and slung a sheath of arrows over his shoulder. The mutated had two bows; one for hunting when supplies from the town were scarce, and one for fighting. Obviously he chose the latter, brushing his fingers against the eligantly carved wood and plucking at the tightly drawn string.

Today was a big day, there was no point in using second best.
_______________________________________

Technoblade, as his name suggested, was more of a close-range fighter. He wouldn't admit it, but Techno could barley even hold a bow properly - let alone fire one in battle. He clipped a sword to his belt and threw the magnificent red cloak around his shoulders. There was one more thing that may come in handy though. The pig man uncovered a dusty box from the corner of the room and from it he retrieved three turquoise orbs.

"What's that?" asked Tommy, who was just lacing his boots.

"They're ender pearls-"

Tubbo jumped in, "ender pearls? Like an enderman?"

Techno bit the inside of his cheek, "Don't tell Ranboo or the other two but... you get these from killin' endermen. And when you throw them, it'll teleport you."

"No way!" exclaimed the brunet, and in a mock whisper he said, "You've killed three endermen?!"

Techno hummed. "Like I said: don't tell the ender boys okay?"

Tommy and Tubbo nodded furiously. The former pulled his compass' string over his head like a necklace that matched Tubbo's. "Ta-da!" he exclaimed, "You ready for battle big man?"

Tubbo picked up his sword that was more of a large dagger and with fierce determination said, "Nope! I'm very very afraid!"

"Honestly? Me too!" They fist bumped over mutual terror.

Techno smiled, but a sadness tugged at his heart. No one this young should go through so much, Techno knew this best of all. As much as he wanted too, he couldn't sheild these boys from the blood they were sure to witness tonight.
_______________________________________

Ran slipped a pair of shades over his eyes. Not only did they look super stylish, he thought, but he wouldn't be much help if he couldn't handle being looked in the eye. Boo clapped him on the back and gave a thumbs up with a toothy grin. Ran looked down at his counterpart with a smile.

"I sure hope things go well today."

"Yeah, me too."

Boo smirked, "Ranboo doesn't know what he's missing ey?"

"Ha, yeah."

There was no point in pretending they weren't afraid. Being two halves of one person gave you an uncanny sense of empathy for one another.

"Don't leave me okay? We have to stick together out there."

"Of course."

They hugged.
_______________________________________

Niki Niachu, middle child to Jorge and Freida, was determined not to die today: She'd lost her eldest brother to war; she'd lost her parents to their private wars with cancer and old age; she was not going to be taken by war too.

The mutated pulled her hair into a tight bun at the top of her head, her highlights creating a swirly sort of pattern.

Attached to her belt were four of her own daggers, and and one of George's. Luckily it wasn't made of austenitic stainless steel. Niki didn't bother taking any other metal, because she was sure that a large majority of the enemies would have metal themselves. She smiled devilishly. Imagine their shock when their own weapons turned against them.
_______________________________________

Dream had his mask on today - literally and metephorically. George could see it in his movements and hear it in his words. Something Dream said came back to George then: "having a family meant having people I could lose". Dream's worst fears may very well come true today.

George had his knives, sans one he'd lent to Niki. Sapnap had his bow, and was currently counting out the arrows along with some that Wilbur has gave to him.

Phil came by the doorway then. He didn't speak, but they knew it was time.
_______________________________________

As Tubbo and Tommy walked past the living room, the former brushed the bees from his shoulder. Thankfully they buzzed inside probably to the safety of the fern they'd taken as a more permanent home.

Everyone stood surrounding the rope ladder with grim determination on thier faces. Tubbo spotted Phil, who drew a weapon that made Tubbo's jaw drop: he wielded a trident so magnificent it would be fit for Posiden himself.

As figures began to appear in the distance, Technoblade was the first to descend the ladder. With a taught smile plastered on his face, he thought about what the voices would say if they were still around - what they would ask for.

Today he would finally give it willingly.

Slowly everyone was gathered behind him, and with a cry that would rival the fiercest warriors they charged into the frey to defend their home as one.
_______________________________________

Fundy didn't think his heart could beat any faster. This was it, as soon as he or Quackity turned sides there was no going back. Fox-like ears flat to his head, the anthropomorphic mutated focused on the person in front of him as they began to pick up speed.

It was a march, then a jog, then a full out run as the troupe heard the opposing side cry out with rage. Fundy had chosen to be at the back of the group on purpose, because it meant that while most of the others were sufficiently distracted he could plunge his sword into someone's back.

Was it bad that Fundy didn't even know their name? It might have been a Sarah, or maybe Sandra, but Fundy found that as she dropped to the floor he didn't care. At least three eyes turned to him, now as enemies.

Quackity was by his side at an instant. There was definitely no going back now.
_______________________________________

So it has begun. Who wants to make predictions about which characters - if any - will die?

Also I know many people don't comment but I want to know if ya'll want the raid to be one long chapter or two/three normal sized ones. Please let me know!!!!

Guys,,, I kid you not: the next chapter has almost 2,500 words so far and it's not even finished. Holy crap.

Sincerely, an ink-stained pencil case