Time Heals All Wounds, Doesn't It?

Tw: mild verbal abuse warning, but it should be a-okay
_______________________________________

Tubbo was thrown back onto the floor with a thud that was sure to leave more bruises, shaking even more than before. Tommy was by his side in an instant.

"Woah Tubbo are you okay? What happened?"

The boy wasn't really listening, eyes wide in panic. "Nononono I have to go back I was so close-!" Tubbo tried to get back up, but he was unsteady.

"Tubbo stop." He looked at Tommy, "Are you okay? Tell me what happened."

With wild gestures, Tubbo said, "I-, I almost had it, I almost had it Tommy I need to go back!"

"Go back where? You didn't leave!" Tommy was alarmed by his best friend's demeanor, "You're all shaky and sweaty even in the cold. You don't look okay!"

Taking a few deep breaths, Tubbo willed himself to calm down. It was okay, he could do this. "Tommy I promise I'll explain after but I need to do this."

"Are you sure it's safe? For you I mean."

"Of course, it's... Its been worse than this before" he lied.

"Well, if you're totally sure..."

Tommy helped Tubbo up, the faces around them painted in worry. But once again, it was Tubbo's choice - they had no right to stop him. The brunet had more confidence now, built from his previous experience.

It was very different from healing plants, he thought. Probably because people had a conscience, and that made things a lot more complicated. The person had to want help for you to be able to give it to them. Plants didn't think, they just wanted to survive.

Just then, the braincells of the tree-house (and Wilbur) decided to make an appearance. Great, now Tubbo had to convince them too. They were obviously concerned by the various states of disarray everyone here was in but ultimately let Tubbo go along with his plan.
_______________________________________

Hello?

Nick?

Nick where are you?

One of Them was back. What else did They want? Nick was already half-dead: dying. Bleeding not just physically but mentally. Hurting not just on the outside but emotionally.

It found him, curled up against one side of the endless corridor, shivering and alone.

Oh Nick, what did they do to you?

He had no energy to respond. He didn't even know if his lungs worked properly anymore. Every breath was a struggle.

Come on, we're getting out of here for real this time-

Nick only shook his head, yet even that small motion seemed sluggish and painful.

What? Why not.

Tears slipped over his cheeks. They told him he deserved to stay, They told him he didn't deserve to go back.

That's not true! Come on.

...

It sighed, and crouched beside Nick.

Hey, we've all been there. They're just lying to you. There's so many people out there desperate for you to come back.

...

You can prove them wrong, you have as much worth as anyone else Nick, don't let anyone make you doubt that ever again.