Best Friends Forever

Note: for ease on your eyes, the 'corrupt font' is replaced by bold font in this chapter
_______________________________________

George made his way back to the cave, and did not expect Sapnap to snatch the note from his hands and scan it fervently.

"Well, at least I'm not going crazy," he mumbled, "but now we've got to worry about this other follower as well."

"I'm sure it's fine Sapnap"

"Then why does the note say to be careful?"

George didn't know how to answer, so he slid down the wall to sit next to his friend. After a few moments of silence, George was just about to offer to take a look at Sapnap's leg when he saw something looking at him from further in the cave.

Sapnap must've noticed George tense because he looked up and saw it too.

The person - if it even was a person - wore a black hood with red trim, and a grey and black checkered scarf. What caused George to doubt the nature of this person was the black-as-void skin, and glowing white eyes.

When they opened their mouth to speak, it was glowing white too,"Well well well, its been a while hasn't it?"

George reckoned if he were in a book, this would be more climactic, but right now neither he nor Sapnap knew what was going on. They stood up.

Seeing the confusion on their faces, the person seemed to get angry and both boys reflexively took a step back.

"How did you forget so quickly? Oh wait, this is one yor your jokes isn't it? It was just one big joke, right?" they took a few steps toward George and Sapnap, who's confusion was turning closer to fear. "You wouldn't forget me, would you?"

George figured he should speak up, "I-I'm sorry, do we know you?"

Turns out that was probably the wrong thing to say. "Oh" They seemed sad for a moment, if not disappointed, before tilting their head to the side wistfully, "I guess you really did forget. Well, you two really are muffin heads aren't you? Just a reminder of how forgettable I am."

Sapnap registered what they had just said, "Wait. Halo?? Is that you?"

Halo (for of course it was he) chuckled, "what gave it away? The nickname? I'm afraid it's a bit late for that Nick"

"What happened to you..?"

"Don't!" George and Sapnap flinched, "Don't pretend to care now! None of you cared when I was missing! You just left... Without me" Halo seemed to calm a little, "But that's okay. Because you muffins won't live to regret it."

George turned to his friend and whispered, "Sapnap, I th-think we should leave. This isn't the Halo we know anymore"

Before the boys could react, Halo came towards them lighting fast, long black claws reaching out to gore them. In the same instant, a flash of green leaped across George's vision and seemed to block the impending strike.
_______________________________________

Sorry to cut it short! Didn't have enough filler and I really wanted to end the chapter on this cliffhanger! Next chapter is the first ✨backstory✨ chapter yay

Sincerely, a Bill Wurst fan (heck yeah go check out his YT vids seriously)