Forgive Me

Tw for swearing, arguing, and self hate. Also italics are for the past again.
_______________________________________

Sapnap stared at nothing, barely feeling Karl's hands running through his hair. It was quiet, but the memories of an argument with George made sure it was in no way peaceful.

The only place Sapnap had thought to go was to his boyfriend. Yeah - you read that right. In the end of last month Sapnap and Karl had made it official. How ironically cruel that was of Sapnap, considering the thing that had started the argument in the first place.
_______________________________________

George and Dream moved away from eachother, and the glass he had been carrying slid out of Sapnap's hand. It crashed to the floor in muted tones but Sapnap could feel the glass fracture and break. Funny, he couldn't bring himself to care. He only cared about getting out before the tears came because it wasn't fair to them that he was so upset. It wasn't fair to himself that Dream was taking his best friend from him.

The human pushed past Ranboo who stood shocked in the doorway.

He only left for thirty minutes to clear his head, but when Sapnap came back things erupted into hostility very quickly.

George, regrettably, was the first one to greet Sapnap.

Sapnap first remembered the bitter accusations George made while Dream stood almost awkwardly to the side. The mask was back over his face now, and his mouth was a neutral line.

"Where have you been?"

That was none of George's business. Why should he care? If Sapnap wanted to go out from time to time alone that was not George's problem.

"We never see you anymore Sap."

Sapnap remembered how he bit back at his friend with such ferocity.

"Well, the amount of time you ditch me to go out with Dream... Maybe I didn't feel like third-wheeling anymore!"

Even being lulled by Karl's delicate massage, fresh tears escaped Sapnap's eyes and he squeezed them shut. He didn't deserve to be sad. He didn't deserve to lose his friend. Why was this all so complicated?

"So that's what this is about? You're seriously just jealous of Dream?"

"Fuck you George. Maybe I am. Or maybe I just don't want to lose my fucking best friend!"

Somehow - Sapnap didn't even fucking remember now - they got on to the subject of Halo. He hadn't expected the brunet to get so angry, to go so far as to say:

"Why don't you go and join his little murder cult if you hate me so much!"

It was stupid - so so stupid. Because Sapnap didn't hate George he missed him.

Sapnap could see George register that he'd gone too far. George could see tears begin to cascade over Sapnap's cheeks. And when he reached up to his face, it was wet too.

"I don't have to stand here and take this." The human muttered. "Fuck you."

And now he was here, seeking comfort he didn't deserve. Seeking comfort from something he didn't deserve.

Karl interrupted Sapnap's thoughts with a quiet, "You feeling any better?"

Sapnap wasn't. But he nodded.

"Hey, why don't I tell Conner to get lost and we can watch a movie or something? I've got popcorn."

Conner, Karl's roommate, snickered and playfully flipped Karl off. Tentatively, Sapnap shuffled and sat up beside the brunet. "What movie?"