twenty five : bad jimin

"Aveline." The irritating person is back again.

I sigh, turning to look at Junwoo.

"What? What do you want?" I whisper-shout. There are other people rehearing on the stage together with us today and I don't want to disturb them.

"Practice with me later." He smiles. 

"No." I reject him and he simply smirks.

"Okay, next, the last scene. Junwoo and M—" Hoseok starts to say after the previous scene's actors step away from the center of the stage. But of course, rude ass Junwoo had to cut him off. I don't have to think to know what he is going to do.

"Mr Jung, I want to practice with Aveline." I narrow my eyes at him then I look at Hoseok who, contrary to my expectations, has a pleasant smile on his face.

"Sure Junwoo, come up with Aveline. Since the whole class is here and watching, it would be great if the two of you could help with my demonstration." Hoseok waits for Junwoo and I to walk up to the center of the stage like he had requested.

Disappointment brews in the pits of my stomach. What was Hoseok trying to do? The scene he was asking us to perform in front of the class is the kiss scene. Why is he allowing Junwoo to get his way again? Did our date mean nothing to him? Does he not feel the same?

"Go on." The older man commands. Junwoo and I act out the scene and right before Junwoo swoops in for the kiss, Hoseok stops him.

"Now class, a tip for you guys." Gently pulling me away from Junwoo, he twirls my body so that we were facing each other. His eyes look like they were asking me to trust him as he looks at me with a smile.

"If, in the future, you decide to enter this industry as an actor or actress then this tip will be extremely helpful for you." I can almost hear Junwoo scowling in unhappiness behind me but I totally ignore him. The thundering sound of my heart pounding is almost tyrannical as it takes over my senses. Now that I've come to terms with my feelings, it feels overbearing to have Hoseok hold me so close to him.

"You don't always have to act out a kiss scene if you get one. Sometimes, you can just pretend like you're kissing simply by manipulating the angles. Let me demonstrate." Then with my back turned to the class, Hoseok lightly places his hand on my cheek and comes close. Hoseok stares at Junwoo, who's glaring right at him, and stops just a breath away from my lips.

I break into a small smile when I realise that he's doing this on purpose for Junwoo to see. Junwoo, who's standing just a few steps beside me, is the only one who can see how close we truly are. From the other students' perspectives, they can only Hoseok's tilted head and my back.  

As they clap for us, I return to the group with Junwoo who has a bitter frown across his face.

"What's wrong? Not everything went the way you wanted them to?" I say in a mocking voice. Junwoo stays silent but from the way his jaw is clenched tight, I can tell that he's absolutely pissed.

"It's your loss. Not being able to practice with such a perfect person like me will pull down your grades." He tries to retort but I scoff.

"I'll gladly take an F over having to speak another word to you, you egoistic trash." That shuts him up.

"Anyway, because of the two week semester break that's coming up soon, we won't be having group rehearsals. I trust that you guys will take initiative to practice okay?" Hoseok says.

"Yes Mr Jung!" 

---

"Mr Jung,"

Hoseok turns on his heels, looking back at the stage where Junwoo stands a distance away from him.