forty one : thanks to her

I think everyone remembers at least one time they got scolded by a parent. As a child, I was considered tame and gentle by others since I rarely ever rebelled against my mum. I knew not to because the only time I tried to taught me that the consequences really weren't worth the thrill.

The one and only time I rebelled against my mother was when I got my first boyfriend.

It's strange because she never set any rules about being in a relationship, but deep down I knew that I wasn't allowed to. Then one day my crush confessed and I decided to just do it.

How bad could the consequences possibly be right?

After that relationship, I never dated again simply because no boy was worth the trouble and hassle.

Until Hoseok came along.

Which means I'll have to brave the monstrous storm while praying that I wouldn't be torn apart.

"Mum listen to me—"

"Oh I am honey, my ears are wide open and ready to listen," she says, but her arms are crossed in a uncomfortably intimidating manner and I already know that she's not ready to listen.

"I just wanted to find the right time—"

"The right time? You mean when you get pregnant and it's too late to reverse your actions?" she scoffs.

"No! That's not what I meant!"

"Tell me Aveline, what else are you hiding from me?" She narrows her eyes threateningly. "Are you even studying at the university? Or are you lying to me about that too, huh?"

I avoid her eyes and she immediately catches onto it. Just like that, I've become the gullible fish trapped by her hook.

"Be honest," my mum says with her teeth gritted. "What else are you hiding from me?"

"He-He was my teacher."

"Seriously Aveline?" she shouts. "I'm gone for awhile and you're dating your teacher?"

"What's next, a 12 year-old kid?"

"Mum!" I finally explode in anger. "Do you hear what you're saying right now? Because if you do, and you're still going to continue, then I don't know what I'm going to do."

"So you're threatening me now? Look what he's doing to you Aveline!" she scoffs louder this time.

"Why are you bringing him into this? It's not his fault!"

"Well obviously it's his fault, you've never done this before! Now that you're dating him you're talking back to me and raising your voice at me?"

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying my best to calm down. "First of all, we are both adults and we are not doing anything illegal. Second, he's not going to be my teacher in a few days time. Third, you're being absolutely unreasonable and I don't want to talk to you while you're like this."

"If you'll excuse me," I mumble before slamming the door shut. I jump onto my bed face down to muffle the anger. 

Everything is ruined.

My mum will never accept Hoseok now, or at least it'll take her long to even like him. I don't know what her deal is, she never approves of me having a relationship.

I'm left tortured by my own thoughts for the rest of the afternoon and night creeps up before I even realise it's here.

As much as I hate the thought of having to face my mum right now, my stomach isn't agreeing. It grumbles unhappily, rushing me to go have dinner before it starts eating away at my body.