ten : namjoon's ted talk

"Welcome!" A cheerful voice greets me as I step into the pottery store.

I bow slightly at the worker before peeking around at the space which is supposedly my workspace now.

As if on cue, Jay walks out from the room with a towel thrown carelessly over his shoulder. Following behind him is a woman who seems to be in her mid-twenties. They're both smiling as they engage in a conversation.

I pause, unsure as to whether I should interrupt their chat. Thankfully, the man notices me first and approaches without second thoughts.

"Hey, you're back." He flashes an attractive smile as he grabs the towel on his shoulder to use it to wipe his hands which are stained by the grey clay.

I smile too as I reply, "Yes, I'm just here to familiarise myself."

Jay nods a few times in understanding before he turns back to face the woman he had abandoned to speak to you.

"Em." He beckons the woman over. Stopping beside Jay, she sweeps her eyes over me and reaches out a hand for a handshake. 

"Hi, my name is Emily Kim." I eye her too before taking her hand. "Aveline Lee."

Emily is quite the attractive woman. Her ebony hair is tied up into a neat ponytail and her eyes shine through the glass panels of her spectacles. Her dark eyes seem like they can effortlessly pierce through your soul before making her judgement. Confidence radiates around her, almost like it worships her. Emily's handshake is firm and promising like one of a business woman. 

Her grip loosens and she clasps her hands behind her back like a professional. "Very nice to meet you Aveline, what are you doing in this person's shop?" Though her posture is professional, her tone is friendly. 

Jay narrows his eyes at the woman. "You've just met her and you're already talking shit about me." He rolls his eyes with a scoff.

"Don't listen to her, love, she's just jealous." He smirks as if he's already won the silent fight but Emily doesn't seem to be quite done yet.

"Jealous of what? Your tiny shop?" She says smugly as she switches her stance to a cross-armed one while facing Jay head on. 

"Tiny?!" Jay gasps in disbelief and betrayal. "Just because your company is a success now doesn't mean you're better than me Em." He pouts slightly and glares at the woman.

It's now Emily's turn to smirk, "Glad you know I'm way more successful than you." She deliberately drags out the word to rub salt onto his wound. 

Jay grinds his teeth in defeat as he looks away from the woman who had just wounded his ego. "Follow me, dear." 

I listen to the man who appears to be quite devastated from the short battle a few moments ago. He throws his towel somewhere before settling on the chair behind the wheel where art works are born beneath a pair of steady hands.

"Seems like you guys don't get along very well." I say as I put down my bag in a clean spot. His eyes brim with curiosity, "You and Emily. You guys were at each other's throats." I chuckle softly, grabbing a seat behind the wheel beside him.

"We don't exactly have the perfect friendship I guess." He scratches the side of his head with a less dirty finger and clicks his tongue. "But her company is new and it's gaining its place in the industry. My shop isn't the most famous one in the industry as you can tell so I need their help." 

I frown and Jay notices. "Emily's company deals with artworks from all over the world. It's quite complicated really, they do designing work too so they get some art major interns now and then."