thirty seven : you

"What the fuck did you say to Hoseok hyung?" A raging Jungkook bursts through the door to my room, slamming it open as he stomps in.

Jin and Jimin are right behind him with their hands around Jungkook as they try to stop him from getting too close.

"Jungkook stop!" Jin exerts more force and the boy jerks back. Jungkook swings their arms away, striding over to stand right in front of me.

I push the covers away from my body so that I can get out of my bed.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Jungkook shouts, his chest moving as he pants.

"I'm sorry—"

"No you're not," Jungkook snarls. "I know you're not. Your eyes aren't red or puffy, you weren't even crying." My breath is hitched in my chest.

Jimin and Jin glance over to check for their own eyes only to see that the maknae is right.

"If you have a heart, you wouldn't have done that to hyung. He loves you, we all see that." Jungkook swipes away at his cheeks, clearing the tears that are dripping down the side of his face. "Hoseok hyung didn't deserve to get treated like that." His voice starts to quieten down as opposed to earlier when he was screaming.

"If it wasn't for hyung, I probably wouldn't even be here today. If Hoseok hyung hadn't found me when I was in the most dire part of my life I would've died to end it all. But Hoseok hyung helped me to get through that. He encouraged me to continue studying and not give up. Without him, I'm nothing." Jungkook's fists are shaking because of how tightly he's clenching them.

"He's the most precious person I have and you treated him like dirt. You used him and threw him away!" Agitation takes over the reins again as Jungkook's voice starts to rise.

"I hate you for doing that to Hoseok hyung and I will never forgive you for it. Ever!" He flounces out through the door leaving the three of us standing there.

After a moment of silence passes, I slowly raise my head. Jin is staring at me with the biggest look of betrayal I've ever seen from him.

"I'm sorry Jin. You told me not to break his heart but I did." Jin sighs, turning away.

The day when Jin asked me not to break Hoseok's heart comes floating back in my memories. Jin said that I'll be breaking Hoseok too but I did it in the end. I've become the selfish person who cruelly bludgeoned his heart with my words.

"I don't know what the truth is anymore Aveline." He, too, walks out of the room, leaving Jimin and I. I fall limply onto my bed, every ounce of energy leaving my legs.

"Why did you do it?" Jimin looks as deceived as Jin.

"Because I never loved—"

"Stop lying to me!" Jimin calls. He approaches my figure, sitting down beside me on the bed. The glower on his face only discourages me further.

"Taehyung already told me everything," he reveals and I smile thinly.

"So you already know. Why ask me then?" Jimin exhales shakily like he's stopping the anger from getting to him.

"Because it doesn't make sense." Jimin breathes exasperatedly.

"I know you love Hoseok hyung. You don't see it but we do Ave, we see the way your eyes light up when he's around, the way you smile when you see him and the way you glow when you talk to him."

Jimin readjusts himself to face me better. "I know your heart moves for him so why would you do that?"

I stare at the ground as feelings of conflict whizz around in my head.