thirty three : how warm

"It's not my fault!"

Emily is staring right at Aveline. Her arms crossed like usual, her professional side taking over entirely as she sits in her chair.

"Tell me the truth Aveline."

Olivia turns to glare at the said female. Not once did Emily lay her eyes on her, not even when she said it's not her fault, which seems to irk Olivia further.

"It's really not my fault Emily, you have to believe me!" Olivia calls out desperately for Emily to have some sort of reaction to her, but Emily continues to ignore her.

"It's okay Aveline, you can tell me. I'll right the wrongs for you," she encourages her into talking.

Aveline looks down at her fingers laying on her lap and starts to fiddle with them. "Olivia asked me to attend this meeting for her because she had something important and couldn't go. I agreed."

"Go on, I'm here," Emily says gently, prompting Aveline to continue.

"So I went in her place. I gave the client the folder Olivia gave to me and I naturally assumed that there was nothing wrong. The client started to scold me endlessly about how the designs are really bad and I'm wasting his time. So I tried calling Olivia because she said that she would pick up, but she never did." Olivia fidgets uncomfortable in her seat upon hearing Aveline's story.

"I was scolded by him again because he thought I was lying about those designs belonging to someone else. He said he would make sure I never step foot in the industry ever again." Aveline's voice trails off towards the end.

"Thank you Aveline, for telling me your side of the story. You can go back to your desk now, I need to have a word with Olivia."

Hence, Aveline leaves the room as instructed by Emily. She walks back to her desk looking half alive. The words of concern from her co-workers only make her more strained.

Moments later, a tear-filled Olivia runs out of Emily's office straight into the restroom. The tension in the office could be compared to the weight of a cloud. No one's talking and everyone's sneaking glances at Aveline once in awhile. Just as someone's about to go into the restroom to check up on Olivia, she walks back out on her own two feet. Her destination is already fixed. She stops in front of Aveline's desk with puffy eyes and a red nose.

"I'm...very sorry Aveline, for what I did to you. I didn't know it would get so bad, really. I was just jealous because everyone likes you more than me. You don't have to forgive me, but I hope you know that I really am sorry..." 

With her head hanging low, Olivia leaves the office. She never came back.

---

"Vel?" Hoseok looks up from his book, his eyes round as he takes in my appearance.

"Hoseok..." I rush up to the man who barely manages to throws his book aside in time before I crush it with my weight.

"What's wrong? Why are you still in these clothes?" Hoseok coos, rubbing his hand on my back. I wrap my hands around his waist and bury my face in his neck.

"I had a really bad day at work," I mutter even though it gets muffled by his skin.

"Wanna talk about it?" I pause.

Do I want to talk about it?

It's still feels so raw, like it happened just seconds ago. I can still feel his rage and the fear laced in my heart.

"Maybe later, I'll tell you later." 

Hoseok nods and lowers his head to peck my shoulder. "Do you want to spend some time together?" Hoseok suggests and I slowly pull away from the man.