thirty four : feel the wrath

The office people are chattering as they walk out of the lift. It's now lunch time so everyone is rushing to go have their meals.

"You're not going to eat with us?" Emily asks me upon seeing me stray off from the group.

"Yeah, my boyfriend is coming over soon to pass me something so I'll just eat with him."

"Okay then, we'll just go first." She purses her lips before stepping away to join the rest who have already walked quite a distance.

I go in the other direction where the tables and chairs are so that I can take a seat while waiting for Hoseok to arrive.

Emily walks out of the building with the workers in her office and they're all chatting in groups. It's extremely crowded outside the office especially now that it's rush hour.

Amidst the crowd, she sees a face through the small spaces created as people walk to and fro.

The smile he carries on his face is beaming with happiness. Her heart starts to beat faster, almost as if her body still remembers how his smile used to make her feel.

"You guys go ahead, I forgot something in the office." She mutters to one of the people before going in the direction her body is dragging her towards.

He's texting someone on his phone and has yet to notice her staring at him. When he looks up, her heart drops. Her feet start moving and within a few steps she's standing before him in full glory.

Her eyes are wide, her mouth slightly open in shock. His expression mirrors hers, except his eyes are showing something else other than shock. The hurt in his eyes almost shatters her heart.

"Hoseok...is that really you?" She stretches out her hand to try to caress his face but he moves away before she can make contact.

"I...I missed you so much. You have no idea how much I've missed you!" Emily holds her palm over her mouth. Her eyes are still wide open, refusing to blink as if he's going to disappear the moment she closes her eyes. She takes a step forward, her hand reaching out to grab his arm.

"Stop it," Hoseok steps back and looks away. The frown etched on his brows makes Emily's stomach twist frantically.

"Let me explain, just hear me out Hoseok!" She moves forward again and grabs onto his arm desperately but he pushes it off.

"I have nothing to hear from you. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my girlfriend." Hoseok's eyes are merciless as he rips it away from Emily.

"Y-You have a girlfriend?" It hurt to even say it out loud. Hoseok is refusing to even look at her at this point.

"It's none of your business Emily." Hearing him call her name was supposed to be the most euphoric thing. Their meeting wasn't supposed to happen this way, this isn't how she pictured it to be. At the very least, she didn't expect Hoseok to be this cold...or belong to someone else who isn't her. 

Emily's head slowly drops down and her eyes lock onto the bag still swinging from Hoseok's fingers. It sows a seed of realisation in Emily's mind, and the memories of yesterday fertilizes it.

"You...You're Aveline's boyfriend?" Hoseok's head snaps towards Emily.

"How do you know Aveline—does she know about this? What did you say to her?!" Hoseok's panic stricken voice slaps Emily with the truth.

"She doesn't know—"

"Don't you dare tell her anything." Hoseok growls. Emily's brow twitches from his sudden change in tone.