Chapter XVI

"I'm off," Luna said as she pulled on a cloak. It was different than the one Luna was used to wearing, being that it had long sleeves and looked more like a black Jedi's robe than a cape with a hood as she was used to. It was better than wearing her old one though, this one helped her keep her decency better.

"Do you have your lightsaber?" Ahsoka asked.

"I do now, but I fail to see why you insist upon me bringing it everywhere," Luna muttered as she placed her lightsaber into a hidden pocket in the folds of her mini skirt. "What are you, my master?"

"No, but I am a decade older than you, and you work at a club."

"I didn't have a lightsaber before."

"You didn't get up on stage and sing in ridiculous outfits in front of drunks before. If you didn't have a lightsaber, I'd be finding a way for you to sneak a blaster in."

"Point taken...." Luna muttered. Ahsoka did have a point. Skimpy would have been the understatement of the millennia when it came to the outfits Luna had to wear. To be honest, Luna was somewhat touched by Ahsoka's concern, but she could take care of herself.

It had been a few weeks since the incident at the weapons base, and despite everything Luna had told Ahsoka, the Togruta had decided to stick with her. Even if Luna wasn't giving her the full story. In fact, they had begun to spar one another so they could keep up their saber skills, at which point the two of them had tried to theorize on what the heck was up with Luna's kyber crystal. Neither had come up with any solid theories in that arena quite yet, but it was fun to discuss.

They had, somehow, become friends, and Vader's ex-Shadow honestly didn't know how they had managed such a thing let alone Luna what she had done to earn such a good friend. It had also been a nice change, being able to be more open with her past, Force knew the last person Luna had ever opened up to this much willingly.

Of course, Ahsoka still didn't know who Luna's master was or Luna's old position in the Imperial hierarchy; although, Luna was fairly sure that if such a thing was to be revealed, nothing extremely bad would happen.

But Ahsoka would probably be pretty angry.

And then would probably find a way to drag the both of them to Vader.

At which point, Luna would grab Kaytee and hightail it to the next planet, even if that meant risking the possibility of slamming herself and the Delta into the door while attempting to escape in lightspeed.

"See ya later."