Chapter LXXXII

Ahsoka could sense Luna's presence at the edge of her consciousness, watching their presences and tracking them though being sure to hide her location. She knew they were there and seemed to also be aware of the fact they already knew she was there. Luna wouldn't be tracking them through the Force so obviously otherwise.

"Can you sense anything, Ahsoka?" Leia asked, both of the humans watching the Grey Jedi expectantly.

"A presence. I don't recognize it," Ahsoka lied.

"Can you tell where it's coming from?"

"No." At least that much was true.

"Hey," Han said as he bounded off the ramp of the Millennium Falcon. "Chewie's catching up with the gremlin. He suggested looking for a Maneeli Tuun, said Padmé may remember him." They all looked at the human in question. Padmé frowned.

"The name is familiar, but I don't remember who it is," she finally answered

"That's fine. In that case, Princess, you need to ask for a review of your medical files and for this Tuun guy."

"But I've never been here before," Leia stated, sounding confused.

"Wrong, you were born here. Tuun helped oversee it and the gremlin recommended the guy to Luna, apparently they've known each other for a few hundred years. We just need to get the guy's attention."

"I'm sorry but gremlin?" Ahsoka asked, ignoring the shocked and surprised looks of the other two. "You don't mean Master Yoda, do you?"

"It's a gremlin," the Correlian answered, walking off. "Now let's go."

The Grey Jedi just blinked, more stunned from the lack of respect for the ancient master than any other part of the conversation.

~*~

Polis Massa's medical facilities were much more advanced than Luna had thought, though to be far she was familiar with the more outdated prosthetics Vader used which had been worn for years (the ex-Shadow had researched the newer things back when she'd still though she may be able to talk him into updating the blasted thing) and hadn't needed preparation for a new limb. The new leg as well as eye had been attached and implanted respectively and Ceberus was just waking from his slumber.

And Skywalkers and Co. were still on the other side of the medical base.

They had some time for Cerberus to get used to the prosthetics before they had to run.

"Wake up, Ceberus," Luna told him. The tuk'ata stured, opening his red eye while the prosthetic one turned on, glowing blue. The hound appeared startled, looking around the room and testing his new sight. "We fixed your eye. Do you like it?"

She sensed his response, a blast of excitement and relief as he scrambled to his feet, though it was a clubsy movement, apparently having been without the leg so long that he didn't automatically use it.

"Careful. Slowly, my pet. Can you move your new leg?"

The tuk'ata seemed a bit confused for a moment, as it seemed to him a huge chunk of metal had been attacked to his side for no reason, before doing as asked and realizing he had control over the new limb. The excitement was almost blinding to the ex-Shadow as Ceberus carefully stood and jumped off the table. Stumbling slightly at the landing, unused to four limbs.

Nothing that wouldn't be fixed with time and practice.

"Good boy."

"It seems everything is in order," a droid stated. "If there are any problems with the patient, don't hesitate to bring it to our attention."

"Thank you for your help," Luna said, looking at both the droid and the Kallidahin who had overseen the process. "I'm afraid I must leave rather quickly. You will erase the droid's memory banks? I understand the equipment you used will be written down in your logs, but I want everything else gone."

We will take care of it, the Kallidahin signed to her. Luna nodded and left, signalling Ceberus to follow at her heels, the click of claws and metal on the floor telling her he was doing as asked while he began to get used to his new leg and eye. She would have prefered to run, but no point in doing that until she was sure he could walk.

It was likely they had found something by now. The ex-Shadow could sense them coming her way, and even as she ran though the current situation, she realized the likelihood she reached the ship before they reached her was unlikely.

Luna couldn't let them see the ship, but at the same time she didn't want to face them and Ahsoka all at once. Too much could happen.

"Ceberus, go to the ship. I'll be there in a bit," Luna ordered. The tuk'ata didn't like it, but he listened.