Chapter CLIV

She, queen of the kings,

Runnin' so fast, beatin' the wind,

Nothin' in this world can stop the spread of her wings.

Luna had to begrudgingly admit that she had underestimated Palaptine's forces. She had figured the Hands would be the main players though they would be accompanied by a surplus of Imperial troopers.

And they were, just she could already make out the armor of special Forces and she was not happy. The 501st had their own special ops units, but the comparison in numbers was laughable. Even with the supplemental forces that Queen Trios had provided (along with her own presence, War Faith Leader and all), they were the smaller army.

She, queen of the kings,

Broken her cage, threw out the keys.

She will be the warrior of North and Southern seas.

Luna began to silently worry how well the other Rebel army was doing. If everything had gone to plan, they would have landed as well, though in a more sheltered area geographically, allowing them to forgo the shield and have the ability to call in air support. She wasn't sure what else Leia may have up her sleeves, but the ex-Shadow couldn't help but worry.

The 501st's enemies hadn't passed through the shield yet, but they would soon. She had her troops set up barriers for defense, one could think of them as moveable trenches as it gave the troops cover. Above them the AT-ATs loomed. Blasters were primed, and they were all simply waiting. Luna stood in front of her men, alone with lightsabers deactivated as thunder sounded above them and lightning lit the area outside of the glowing energy shield, analyzing the coming army.

Got raven hair, it's dark as night.

Icy eyes, outta sight, outta sight.

"General Veers?" she began over the comm.

"I see them, my Lady," the man's voice came in from over the comm. "I have already selected the special forces as high priority targets."

"Very good," Luna stated, her mouth dry as she tightened her grip on her lightsabers. She trusted Veers, knew he knew how to handle and direct his assets, but....

Her heart, in spite, is warm and bright.

Her smile awakes the northern lights.

Well, the ex-Shadow was doing everything in her power to distract herself from the panic attack that was trying to take hold of her as she tried to keep herself from thinking about anything besides the parts of the battle she could not see. It would settle down the moment she started fighting, but until then she had to keep her emotions contained.

And keep her thoughts away from two certain someones that Luna wished she was accompanying. Were they inside yet? Had they run into a group of proper Sith? Were they hurt?

Lookin' out, she calls....

Lai-da-dai-di-da

Who will conquer all?

Luna sucked a breath of air into her lungs, and took comfort in the fact her body still felt whole. Physically, at least, Vader was fine. And if Vader was fine, Luke was fine. Everything was fine.