Chapter LXXIII

"....Father?"

"Yes, Luke?"

"The Force is practically yelling this is a bad idea."

"You can wait on the ship if you're so inclined," Vader suggested as he started forward onto the sands of Moraband. "I sense little amiss"

"Nope, I'm good," came the response as Luke hurried down after him. "I just don't like the feel of this place. It's worse than the Kaas City ruins."

"That's because something has happened. The last time I visited, most of the dark power present here had left. This is a new development."

"Emperor oriented?"

"Likely, though I don't know how he could resurrect this planet's dark power. It's been wearing away for millennias."

"Then why is it back?"

"Exactly what we're here to find out," the Sith Lord answered.

"Well, if it's back. And if Palpatine is responsible. Doesn't that mean he'll know we're here?"

"Me? Possibly. You, yes. A Jedi stepping foot on this planet is enough to send a disturbance rippling through the darkside of the Force."

"....Great."

"The options he has to make a move, however, are incredibly limited unless he sends a Hand our way."

"Or has some trick up his sleeves we don't know about," Luke commented as they slowly made their way up the ruined steps of a Sith Temple.

"Stick close to me and you will be fine," Vader said as he drew his lightsaber to light their way, spreading out his presence to see if he could locate the center of the change.

Instead he located something—someone—else.

"Luna."

"Huh?" Luke asked, his attention snapping from the decrepit detector and to his Father in a heartbeat before his presence too unfurled, blindingly bright and no doubt disturbing the rest of several ancient Sith as he too looked forward with the Force. "She's here.... Deep in, too."

"That would be an understatement," Vader answered, even as he rolled his presence around the girl's, gently caressing it. Her shields were up and unyielding at the gentle prods, but the action should have still drawn her attention. The Sith didn't like it when it was clear that Luna was heavily distracted by something or other—something that had never happened nor should happen considering mental shields were the first line of defense to a person's mind. Something was wrong, Vader could feel it in his gut. "Come."

"Do you think we'll catch up to her before she leaves?" Luke asked as they quickly began moving through the old Temple, aiming towards the back where gaping wounds in the wall opened to once hidden corridors.

"Hopefully."