Author's Note

First thing's first: As always, thank you so very much for reading this book. Your comments and votes always light up my day. Even you silent readers, thank you, thank you, thank you. Half the fun is writing, the other half is having others enjoy it.

Well, it has been a journey and a hot minute since I made a proper one of these. Let's see, the first google doc with Valkyrie as a named entity was created on November 23, 2020. I have officially "finished" this August 1, 2023 (still need to review things, attempt to eliminate bad grammar, etc and you are obviously not reading this note any earlier than August 19 because I've managed to reinstate my writing 2+ chapters ahead rule in July). I probably would have finished it sooner if I didn't decide to join a class and write a novella that looked more like the first book of a novel series, but such as life. It took nearly three years to write this book (not counting Darkside obviously), honestly feels longer than that. I started this in high school. I'm in college now. It's kinda surreal.

I've never actively stuck to a character and actually wrote about them for so long before. Thank you all for enjoying Luna's story, there are times that you readers are the only reason I force myself to sit down and push through a writer's block.

Eclipse's story is not over. As I mentioned on Darkside before I began posting Valkyrie, this is the second to last part of her story. The next has....been partially begun ever since Galaxy ended, but the storyline has since shifted as Valkyrie came to a close and the Sequels have finished, to the point that the scenes I have already had saved for years in the recesses of my drive may never be used (something that happened to several scene collections I've had made since Darkside was begun involving Valkyrie's storyline—and I think this book is better for it). I will have to write my way to an ending for the main series before I can return to this one—and I'll have to write my way to the right time period first, so it will probably take awhile. I hope all of you are willing to wait.

The picture at the top of this note is a little fanart clipart I made in an attempt to depict Eclipse during the Battle of Exegol. The base is a doll from Azaleas Dolls with a few extra things I managed to put together. I was going to try and convert some clip arted stormtrooper armor, but that didn't really go so well and I gave up, so she doesn't really have the armor on. Don't really like how the eyes ended up either, but I wanted them to pop a bit more than just the orange/gold eye color did. Better than what I could hand draw, but that's not saying much. Figured I'd share regardless since it does give some imagery to what I kinda imagine Eclipse's mask to look like.

I've also experimented a lot with including music in this book, as you all have probably noticed. I was hoping that you could give me your opinion on that, like should I do it similarly next time I want to include music, just have the music video posted at the top and no lyrics in the chapter, or just have a playlist posted somewhere related to the book? Or just not do it at all? It was an experiment and I thought it was fun to include some of the music I feel like would resonate with Luna/helps me get in her headspace but I would like to hear your input.

I also have a small chapter/part of a chapter that I didn't put in because it didn't really go with the flow of the story involving a certain gossip club. Would you all be interested in reading it and would like me to post it here as a bonus chapter?

Now, onto shameless self advertising/updates about other books related to this series:

Every Day is Different

If you want to remain updated on new characters that will gradually become important to this timeline/learn about ocs that have been introduced but not expanded upon, you'll be wanting to keep an eye on Every Day is Different. That book is going to contain the in-between years for Galaxy and book two of the main series, and it is where I'll be trying to turn the majority of my attention from now on. I'll be updating as I finish writing and reviewing parts to it, so the schedule will probably be as wonky as Valkyrie and Darkside in that respect.