Chapter LXXXIII

"I take it you are good friends of the client," Tuun said in his soft voice as he led the group down the hall and corridors at a wandering pace. Padmé had to exercise control over her impatience. Couldn't they just move faster?

"Practically family," she answered with a half forced smile.

"I see. I'll have to ask if your presence is alright all the same. She didn't want anyone observing her tuk'ata during the procedure."

"That won't be necessary. It's over," a familiar voice said. Padmé turned around, surprised, to find Valkyrie had turned into the corridor, looking almost identical to the last time they had met.

"What in Force's name are you doing?!" Ahsoka asked, sounding shocked and partially exasperated.

"Restocking medical supplies and dropping off an acquaintance. You guys are after the Ramsey girl, right? Procedure's done, you won't find her there."

"Then where is she?" Padmé questioned, narrowing her eyes. Valkyrie shrugged, though her attention remained on the Grey Jedi.

"Probably waiting for a friend to pick her up from one of the docking ports. Deal was I'd drop her off."

"Then let's get going," Leia exclaimed. "We've got to catch her!"

"By all means, Princess."

"I'll stay here and talk with Valkyrie," Ahsoka said, crossing her arms.

"Me too," Han volunteered.

"Oh no you don't!" Leia exclaimed, grabbing his arm and dragging him away from the Rebel Warrior. "You are going to help me catch Luna!"

"I was on my way out," Valkyrie stated, voice firm though measured, clearly speaking to the Grey Jedi. "I will give the head Fulcrum my most recent mission report at the pre-appointed time and date. Not before."

"I expect a full one," Ahsoka nearly growled, not even bothering to hide the fact she was the head instigator of that particular section of Rebel agents.

"You'll have it."

"How did you know we were here?" Padmé asked, frowning at the veiled girl.

"You're quarry seemed to be in a hurry to get out of here. Considering you were questioning me about her last time, I took a guess you were the reason she was so intent on fleeing. You had better hurry, Amidala."

"I'll have you know, I wasn't done with our conversation the last time we met."

"Are you really going to waste time better spent chasing a shadow talking to me?"

"Mon's going to make you—"

"Padmé, maybe calm down?" Ahsoka interrupted. The Nabooian took a deep breath struggling to stopper her frustration.

"No, by all means, what is our fearless leader going to force me to do? I've told you before I have no true leads," Valkyrie stated.

"I know you're lying. Vad—" Padmé cut herself off, realizing what she was about to say in the rather public setting.

"Are we finished?"

Upon gaining no response, Valkyrie simply walked past the two and continued down the hall.

Padmé felt the urge to grab the girl, tear off her hood and pull information from her, but in the end, she continued forward with Ahsoka at her side, already knowing they were too late to stop Luna and talk to her.

"As much as she's done for the Rebellion, I hate her," Padmé grumbled to herself, though it was no doubt loud enough for Valkyrie to hear. Ahsoka, surprisingly enough, remained silent at the words.

In fact, Ahsoka remained silent until she suddenly wanted to get everyone back to the fleet.

It was the same moment Leia subtly signaled Vader's arrival, not five seconds after Luna had apparently found a ship and jumped to lightspeed—something the Nabooian knew only because her daughter had informed her of the girl's presence disappearing.