Chapter LXIV

"Where have you been all this time?"

"Naboo. I've been on Naboo for the past however many years," Padmé answered to Ahsoka's inquiry. The group was once again sitting around Leia's desk, though the area was now feeling more like a reception room rather than an office. "And you?"

"Here, there, everywhere," the Grey Jedi answered. "Stayed on Lothal for a time, but I haven't been back in months. How long have you been with the Rebellion?"

"Since the beginning, though I wasn't allowed to contribute all that much for obvious reasons. And you?"

"Bail recruited me a year after...." Ahsoka began, before dropping off. "He never told you, did he?"

"No. It's so good to see you alive and well after so long," Padmé muttered, taking the Torgruta's hand. Leia simply watched, unsure if she should insert herself into the conversation. Ahsoka must have sensed her unease because the Grey Jedi's eyes landed on her for half a second.

"So, you two know each other?"

"We've only met recently," Leia responded with a polite smile. Technically true. "Padmé's been helping me with some recent trade agreements. Her experience has been more than helpful."

"She certainly does have a talent for that," Ahsoka stated, though the Princess noticed something else in the Rebel Agent's eyes that made her feel as though she was being analized. Padmé seemed to notice as well.

"So what brings you to the heart of the Rebellion?" the Nabooian asked brightly, easily shifting topics and drawing attention back to herself and away from her daughter.

"Officially, I'm taking a break and meeting with a few higher ups before returning to the field. But if I'm to be honest: Luke Skywalker. I'm sure you can gather why."

"Of course," Padmé responded, a sad smile finding her face. "I'd love to introduce you, but Luke's on a mission."

"That's what Leia said, but I'll be here for a little while. Hopefully, he'll be back by then."

"I certainly hope so. Luke would love to meet you."

"Why are you so interested in meeting him anyway?" Leia asked. Though she had already guessed the answer, she wanted to hear it.

"Well, if the rumors stand true," Ahsoka began, glancing at Padmé as if for confirmation, which the Grey Jedi received through a simple node, "I knew his father. And regardless, it would be nice to talk with another Jedi. I haven't met up with anyone since Ezra disappeared."

"Who?" Padmé asked with a small frown.

"Some Jedi I used to work with on Lothal."

"I remember him," Leia stated. Ezra was her and Luke's age and had disappeared without a trace. He'd been bright, had a light for life like Luke.

Or maybe that had been her instinctively recognizing the boy's Force sensitivity.

"I take it there's still no news?" the Princess asked.

"No. A friend of mine has a lightspeed trick she uses that may help me locate him, but I haven't asked for her help quite yet. We've been so busy."

"Lightspeed trick?" Leia questioned. "Anything we can use?"

"I'm afraid you'd need a Jedi for it. It wouldn't be helpful for the Rebellion."

"Doesn't happen to be called 'skywalking' does it?"

"....Why do you ask?" Ahsoka asked with a frown, immediately catching Leia's interest.

"A friend of ours does it."

"You haven't happened to meet someone named Celestia or Luna, have you?" Padmé asked, voice hopeful. "Or has your friend?"

"No, I'm afraid not. Are you looking for them?"

"Same girl, different names, but yes. We are," the woman half sighed. Ahsoka frowned, looking concerned.

"I see. May I ask what happened?"

"It's....complicated."

"Luna and I had a falling out," Leia quickly lied, silently praying it'd get by the Grey Jedi. "And, for Padmé at least, it was another one of those 'Assumed Dead' situations. We've been trying to track her down for months."

"Thought Valkyrie had a lead for a while, but it was a dead end," Padmé muttered. "We've been trying to find a new lead for weeks."

"I'm sorry," Ahsoka murmured.

"It's fine. Not your doing."

"....Do you mind telling me about her, so I can keep an eye out?"

"She's human. Had long black hair and dark blue eyes."

"Luna can use the Force too," Leia added. "She's good at hiding herself with it among other things. And she always knows more than she lets on."

"What makes you say that?" Ahsoka asked, sounding curious. Leia and Padmé traded glances.

"She has a way of knowing things. Let's just leave it like that."