Chapter XXIX

"This is bad. This is bad. This is really, really bad," Luna repeated to herself.

It was a suicide mission. Even if they did what she told them to do and everything went as planned, one of them getting hurt would be the best thing that could happen.

Mon told her to not interfere....

Valkyrie wouldn't.

No, Valkyrie wouldn't, and neither would Fulcrum.

But Luna would.

"Kaytee?" Luna called. The pink and white droid came over to her. "I need you to contact Minerva, confidential signal, and send a recording of this conversation."

Surprised and shocked beeps in a questioning tone.

"Just do it. Make sure my voice is modified and do what you can to make it look like I recorded it or stole the recording. He needs to know about this."

~*~

Vader was in his meditation chamber when a light blinked to life. He stared at it for a few moments in shock.

First off, he was in a secret base. Secondly, whoever was contacting him was using a confidential signal. There was only one person in the galaxy that knew enough to even try to contact him that way.

Almost hesitant, Vader pressed a button, opening the message:

Found this. You need to see it.

Below the message was an attached holo recording.

He opened it.

"This is Valkyrie...."