42

"Your Dad called." Jungwoo stood angrily with his arms crossed. "Said you weren't answering your phone after he received a phone call that you were absent from school today. He wanted me to check up on you to make sure you were okay but I can see that you're more than fine."

I stood with my head hung low, avoiding Jungwoo's eyes as he scolded me. The sound of his cell phone ringing caused him to stop.

"That's your Dad." He showed the caller ID before answering the phone.

"Yes Uncle."

...

"She's okay, just a slight fever."

...

"She was asleep when I came, I'm assuming thats why she didn't answer her phone."

...

"Don't worry, I'm heading to the pharmacy to pick up some medication to lower her fever, she'll be fine."

...

"Of course, I'll call you soon to let you know how she's doing, bye for now."

...

I looked up at Jungwoo after he ended the phone call. "Why didn't you tell him the truth?"

"Because I'm not here to make your life intentionally miserable." He sighed and pulled up a chair to sit on. "Y/N you know I love you like a little sister and ever since Jungmin left I've tried to be who he was. And if it was Jungmin here right now instead of me, he would have already committed a double murder." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier but I didn't really expect to see the neighbors kid with his hands all over my baby cousin."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Stop saying that, I'm not a baby anymore. I'm almost eighteen!"

"You're right." He sighed. "You aren't a baby anymore. And I'm sorry for exploding earlier. I should've approached the situation differently but you have to understand that no matter how big you get, you will always be my baby cousin y/n. My baby cousin who I love like a sister, and no brother wants to see their baby sister making out with some boy....." He looked away awkwardly. "....and other things."

"So you're allowed to date my best friend, who is the same age as me might I add, but I'm not allowed to kiss a boy?"

"No y/n," He shook his head, sounding a bit frustrated. "That's not what I'm saying."

"Really because that's what it sounds like to me."

"No I-" He struggled to form his thoughts. "You're not in trouble for liking a boy or whatever. Look, I'm not a girl and I don't really know how to talk about these things." He let out another sigh. "I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't care who you choose to date as long as they make you happy because you are right, you are not a kid anymore."

"R-Really?"

He nodded his head and gave me a small smile before becoming completely serious. "But so help me y/n if you tell me that I will be becoming an uncle anytime soon, I will murder you and whoever is responsible."