44

I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling, a pile of thoughts storming through my mind.

Suyeon was right, I created a mess and now I didn't know how to clean it up or where to even begin.

I was a joke. Only someone like me could get the only two boys that ever liked me to both hate me over night.

Chenle couldn't even look at me so how was I supposed to fix what I ruined. If only there was a way to talk to him without him walking the other way.

I quickly sat up when I came to a sudden realization.

Maybe there was a way.

I walked over to my closet, pushing behind all my clothes to find a box in the back corner. After retrieving the box, I placed it on my bed and opened it. It was a box of old items I kept hidden away.

After searching through a stack of old embarrassing photographs mixed with terrible products of a 7 year olds arts and crafts, I found a self made winners ticket from when Chenle and I were children.

Holding the poorly drawn ticket in one hand, I marched to Chenle's house hoping that my plan would work.

I knocked on his front door expecting him to answer but was greeted by Mrs. Zhong instead.

"Hello Y/N-ah, what brings you by?" She asked with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Is Chenle home?" I asked her. "I had a question on our homework assignment so I was hoping he could help me."

"Of course sweetheart, why don't you come in while I go get him."

"Th-That's okay, I have to return home right after."

"Very well," Mrs. Zhong patted my head. "But you have to promise you'll come back for dinner soon."

I nodded with a smile on my face and watched as she disappeared into her home. I waited outside in the cold evening air until Chenle finally came out, closing the door behind him.

"What?" He asked in a cold tone.

I handed him the old drawn up ticket I had won in a rock paper scissor contest when we were younger.

"What's this?" He raised an eyebrow as he accepted the paper into his hand.

"It's a winners ticket with both our signatures." I said while pointing at the barley legible crayon scribbles. "You know the rules, loser has to do whatever the winner tells them to do when it's redeemed. I'm redeeming my ticket right now."

"You're kidding me right?" He rolled his eyes.

"No, I'm not." I looked at him seriously.

"Fine." He sighed while shoving the ticket in his pocket. "What do you want?"

"I want you to listen." I looked at him with hopeful eyes. "Don't talk, just listen."

He responded with a silent nod.

"Chenle I-" My brain froze. I didn't know where to begin. I had become tongue tied on my own words. I let out a deep breath as I nervously fiddled with my fingers, looking away from his cold stare. "Today Jaemin kissed me." I tried to make sense of everything.

Chenle raised an eyebrow. "Are you here to rub it in my face? Why do I ca-"

"Don't talk, just listen." I reiterated.

He sighed and stayed silent.

"When you kissed me the other day I called you Jaemin. Not because I was thinking of him but because I spoke out of habit." I bit the inside of my cheek nervously. "Jaemin was my first boyfriend and nothing will ever change that whether you like it or not."

"Where exactly are you trying to go with this?" Chenle asked, confused by why I was telling him this.

"Today Jaemin kissed me." I told him again, this time meeting his eyes. "But the whole time I could only think of you." My voice softened. "When I spoke his name it was only out of habit, but when I thought of you it was because you were the only one on my mind. Your smile, your lips, the soft touch of your hands....." I took a step forward and held his hand. "No matter where I go or what I do, I can only think of you Zhong Chenle. Because you're the one my heart chose. You're the one I love. I made a mistake but I-"

My words were cut off by his soft lips gently pressing against mine. He wrapped his hands around my waist, closing the gap between us.

I smiled after this kiss and bit my lip. "So does that mean you don't hate me anymore?"

"Hate you?" He raised an eyebrow. "I absolutely despise you."

"Yah.." I whined and pouted my lips.

"I'm kidding." He laughed and flicked my forehead. "You make it too easy."

I playfully slapped his arm causing him to laugh again before trapping me in his arms.

He placed a small kiss on my forehead and looked deep into my eyes. "I absolutely love you kim y/n."

I felt myself blush, snuggling into his chest to keep him from seeing.

"Y/N-ah." He spoke softly while resting his chin on my head, his voice sounding more shy. "There's still one thing we haven't talked about."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him in confusion.

He cupped my cheeks and smiled.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I felt my heart race as millions of butterflies fluttered in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot after hearing those five words.

"I-" I struggled to speak coherently causing him to laugh at me once again. I felt tears escape my eyes as I happily nodded my head. "Y-Yes." I finally managed to mumble out.

"Yah..." He wiped away my tears with the edge of his thumb. "Don't cry, you look ugly when you cry."

I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes. "I hate you."

"I love you too." He whispered, tightening his hold on me before connecting our lips once more.

"Chenle-yah, dinner is re-.....oh my."

We immediately pushed away from each other, Mrs. Zhong standing by the front door with her hands covering her mouth.

"Uh...th-thanks for explaining the uh.....the...."

"History homework." Chenle nervously completed the sentence.

"Yes, history homework." I nervously nodded. "S-See you tomorrow at school."

I could see Mrs. Zhong had a smug grin on her face as she watched me run off back to my own home.

Please don't tell me she saw us.....

I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment while I slapped my forehead and hid in the safety of my duvet cover.

How was I supposed to show my face to her ever again!
_________________
_________________