21

I was putting away some books in my locker before class when my vision was blocked by a pair of hands. I felt as one of my textbooks slipped out of my grip but was caught by the culprit.

"Suyeon! I almost dropped my math textbook." I turned around but immediately jumped back, hitting my head against the locker when I saw that it wasn't Suyeon. "J-Jaemin."

He smirked and reached over me, putting the textbook on the top shelf of my locker. I immediately turned back around to look for the textbooks I would be needing for the day.

"Did you need something?" I asked without looking back at him.

He slammed my locker shut and placed his hands on my waist, spinning me around to look at him.

"We need to talk."

"About?" I bit my bottom lip and avoided his gaze.

"About what happened at the party last weekend." He frowned. "You and Chenle just disappeared after..." He gulped. "Well you know. Is there something going on between you two?"

My eyes shot wide open. "N-No." I waved my hands in a no motion.

His expression remained unconvinced.

"The truth is...." I bit the inside of my cheek. "H-He's actually really close friends with my older cousin, you know Suyeon's boyfriend?"

"The college guy? He was a senior when we were first years right?" I nodded my head. "But what does he have to do with anything?"

"Well.....I was grounded!" I blurted out. Here I went again, telling another lie. But it wasn't a total lie because Jungwoo was my cousin so I was telling half truth....right?

"You were grounded?" He questioned suspiciously.

"Yup." I continued with my fake excuse. " And he found out I was at the party and was really angry. He told Chenle to get me home immediately or else I would be in more trouble." I crossed my arms.

"Oh." He replied while pulling out a cellphone and handing it to me. It was my cellphone! I was never able to get it back from Sarang because Chenle dragged me out of the party so unexpectedly.

"So there's nothing going on between you and Chenle?" He asked again.

"No! I s-swear."

"Good." He smirked and pulled me by my waist, closing the little space there was between us. "I don't have to worry about competing with another man."

My cheeks flushed as he leaned in closer. His lips slightly brushed against mine as he placed a soft kiss.

A loud thud caught our attention. It was Suyeon and she was standing a few steps away with her mouth wide open and books all over the floor.

I snapped back to reality and pushed Jaemin away from me.

Suyeon rubbed her eyes in disbelief and quickly picked her books back up. "I'm s-sorry, I didn't know l-I was interrupting something." She turned around and rushed down the hall way.

"Wait Suyeon!" I called out to her but she was already too far.

I mentally cried and pushed Jaemin aside to get the two books I needed for class. I slammed my locker shut and was about to walk away when Jaemin snaked his hand around my waist.

"I'll walk you to class." He smiled cheerfully.

"Jaemin I think you misunderstood." I broke free from his grip. "Whatever happened between us was a one time thing. It was a game. You don't like me and I don't like you so lets not confuse things."