1

"Y/N....."

"Y/N?"

"Y/N!"

The loud call of my friend's voice interrupted my tired thoughts.

"Yes?" I turned to see her blank expression.

"What were you daydreaming about this time?" She rolled her eyes.

"Nothing." I answered truthfully.

"Did you stay up late reading your weird sex books again?"

I slammed my locker closed at her horrific words.

"They are not sex books they are romantic novels." I defended my favorite literary genre.

She clicked her tongue disapprovingly. "I don't understand why you waste time reading those dumb stories when you have a whole world right in front of you. Why don't you live a little and experience love for yourself."

She dramatically fell against the lockers with a big smile on her face.

"Because men outside of the fictional realm are trash."

I walked ahead of her as she began following me with a frown.

"Take that back." She pouted her lips and latched on to my arm. "My Jungwoo isn't trash."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Ahh yes, your second year college boyfriend who also happens to be my annoying cousin."

I stared at her blankly.

"I still refuse to believe that you two are dating."

"But we make such an ideal couple don't you think?" She skipped cheerfully ahead of me.

"Ideal isn't exactly the word I would use..."

She stopped and looked at me with deadly eyes.

"But as long as my Suyeon is happy then that's all that matters."

I smiled nervously.

"Nice save." She teased and stuck her tongue out.

When Suyeon turned around she accidentally bumped into Jaemin, one of the schools most popular guys.

"Yah watch where you're going."

Suyeon looked at him with an unamused expression.

"Or what?" She questioned him.

He glared at her before finally cracking a smile.

"You coming to the party tonight?" He asked her before the two walked ahead without me.

"When have I ever missed a party." She laughed and continued their conversation.

Although Suyeon was my best friend we weren't exactly in the same social circle.

She was extremely popular and active in many school activities and clubs. Unlike me she was well liked and had multiple friends so it was only natural to also be friends with the most popular people at school.

On the other hand I was the school's loser. Most people at school didn't even know I existed. No one ever interacted with me at all aside from Suyeon.

Her and I met when we were forced to do a project together back in our first year of high school. To this day I'm not sure if she became friends with me because she genuinely liked me or because she had a huge crush on my cousin who was a third year senior at the time.

Jaemin and her were still discussing their upcoming party when we arrived to our homeroom.

"You have to make Yoona come." He pleaded and Suyeon rolled her eyes.