Final

"Are you sure about this?" My Dad asked once more as we neared the driveway of our family home.

"I've already made up my mind." I nodded, re enforcing my decision. 

My mother was standing at the front door visibly angry.

"Honey why don't you give me a few minutes, there's some things I'd like to speak to your mother about privately."

I nodded and watched as my parents disappeared inside. What he really meant was that they would most likely end up arguing and yelling at each other and he didn't want me to hear.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the head rest. I figured a few minutes had passed when I heard a light tap on the window. I expected to see my Dad when I opened my eyes but was instead greeted by a worried face Chenle.

I quickly unlocked the car door and jumped into his warm embrace.

"I was so worried about you." He gently whispered, his hold on me becoming tighter with each passing second.

And just like always, I felt safe in his arms. With no one else but him.

"I'm sorry." He apologized as one hand lightly traced the bandage on my forehead. "I should have never left your side. I failed to protect you again."

I shook my head, standing on the tip of my toes and leaving a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"I love you Zhong Chenle."

Chenle's cheeks reddened at my sudden declaration of love, a shy smile overwhelming his lips.

"You're probably hungry aren't you?" He asked, interlocking his fingers with mine. "I doubt you ate a proper meal in the last 24 hours but don't worry, I helped my mom cook an amazing-"

"Chenle wait." I stopped in place before he could lead me to his house.

"Oh right." He smiled as he changed his path towards my own home. "You probably want to pack a few belongings since you'll be staying with us for the next few nights."

"I said wait." I uttered again, this time tugging my arm back.

"Is something wrong?" He was confused by my unexpected action.

"We....we need to talk." I shifted my gaze nervously.

"What's going on?" He questioned me.

"Chenle.....I-" I forced my eyes to meet his."I'm not staying." I finally managed to say.

"Oh." He pressed his lips together pensively. "Did your Dad settle things with his company already? I overheard him and my mom speaking over the phone-"

"No." I shook my head. "I don't think you understand." I grabbed both his hands in the palms of mine. "Chenle I'm..........I'm leaving Korea."

"What do you mean by that?" He furrowed his eyebrows."Was it your Dad? Is it because he found out we're dating? Maybe if I talk to him he'll-"

"It was my decision." I admitted.

"What?" He retracted his hands away from me. "What do you mean by that?"

"I'm returning with my father to Beijing."

"But what about us?"

"Don't worry." I tried to reach out for him again. "Nothing is going to change. I promise I'll video call you everyday, and we'll be able to meet durin-"

"How can you say that!" Chenle suddenly raised his voice, shoving my hands away from him. "You're leaving! That changes everything."

"I thought you would understand." My voice began to shake with sadness.