4

I was taking out the trash before bed when I was stopped at the bin by none other than Chenle.

"Where were you last night?"

How did he know that I spent the night away from home?

"I slept over at Jungwoo's dorm."

I don't know why I felt the need to answer to him.

"Don't lie to me, I saw you being dropped off this morning by the new kid."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"The new kid's name is Yangyang but im sure you know that already considering you two were talking as if you were best friends last friday."

I turned to walk away but he gripped my wrist.

"Stay away from that guy, he's bad news."

I laughed sarcastically.

"Oh that's really rich coming from you."

"I'm serious y/n."

I yanked my hand away from him. As always, Chenle had made me mad.

"Don't you have anything better to do than trying to control my life."

"I am not trying to control your life, im trying to protect you."

"Well stop." I scoffed. "What I do is none of your business."

I ignored him and went back inside to my own house.

Typical Chenle, pretending to care about me now but when we return back to school tomorrow he will act as if he doesn't know me.

"Y/N, come here princess."

It was my father.

"Yes Apa."

He was standing in the living room holding a suitcase.

"Apa are you going somewhere?" I asked him after closing the door to the front entrance.

He sighed, sadness visible in his eyes. I don't know how I hadn't noticed until now but my father's aging features had become more apparent. He looked tired and worn out. Wrinkles that weren't there when I was a child were now lining his forehead and eyes.

He handed me a bundle of money.

"What is this for?" I looked at him with wide eyes. "Where did you get so much money from?"

"Listen princess I'm telling you this because you are more than old enough to understand. It isn't a secret that me and your mother have not gotten along well these past few years. It's time that we both separate for the well being of both of us. Your mother and I are getting a divorce."

"Oh." I stared blankly at him. I wish I could've looked more surprised but the truth was I had been expecting this for a long time.

"I have been hired for a new company job in China in the meantime. This money is for you until I am able to send you some more. Hide it and use it for anything important that you might need."

My heart felt like it was breaking into a million pieces. I understand why he was leaving my mother but why was he also leaving me?

I shoved the money back in his face.

"I don't want the money." I replied in a stern tone. "I want you to take me with you."

"You know I can't do that. Your mother would never let me."

"I don't care! I don't want to stay here with her."

"Y/N even if I could bring you with me I wouldn't. You've already started your final year of high school and if you transferred now you might have to repeat the school year."

I began to cry. I didn't want to stay with my mother. She already hated me and made my life miserable with my father around, how would she treat me when he was gone.

My father wiped my tears and pulled me into a hug.

"Listen y/n its only for 9 short months. If you still want to come to China after that then you can apply to universities abroad. Until then it is best for you to finish school here."

I caught my breathe and nodded my head. I shouldn't give my father a harder time then he was probably already going through.

"Thats my princess." He patted my head.

"When do you leave?" I couldn't hide the sadness in my eyes.

As if on cue, the headlights of a car shined through the window.

"Thats my taxi. My flight leaves tonight."

I hugged him one last time and walked him outside.

He waved at me while his taxi pulled out of the driveway and just like that, I had lost another person in my life.

_____________________

Question,,

Do my readers perfer longer chapters uploaded every few days or so, or shorter chapters uploaded more frequently???

I will keep your answers in mind for future chapters. Also I'm sorry for not being active recently, its been a bad month so far but I hate to keep everyone waiting :(