47

"I'm off to work now." Mrs. Zhong set her apron on an empty chair and grabbed her car keys.

"Thank you for breakfast, everything was delicious." I smiled.

"You are always welcome sweetheart." She placed a kiss on top of mine and Chenle's head. "Now you two kids finish up and get to school safe."

We both nodded and watched as she left.

"I should go pick up my backpack before we run late." I pecked Chenle's lips. "Meet you outside in five."

He pulled me in by my waist and peppered my lips with multiple kisses.

"Can we try to not be late today?" I giggled and  wrapped my hands around his neck. "I don't think I can deal with another detention this month."

"I can't help that I want you all to myself every minute of every day."

I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"You are so cheesy."

He let go of me and flicked my forehead. "Looks like you only have 3 minutes before we start running late." He grinned.

"I hate you." I laughed before rushing to my house.

When I stepped through the front door I was immediately greeted by the stench of alcohol.

I carefully walked through the living room and saw my mom passed out drunk on the couch. I frowned and used an extra throw blanket to cover her up.

I was about to head to my bedroom when I was startled by the man that had come with her last night.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He slightly grinned as he eyed me up and down. He was standing outside the main washroom.

"I-It's okay, I was just headed off to school anyway." I looked down and tried to walk past him but he put his hand out.

"I'm sorry, I can't seem to remember your name." I felt uncomfortable by his stare. "Forgive me for being so rude."

"Y-Y/N." I hesitantly mumbled.

"Y/N...." He repeated in a low tone. "Well Y/N my name is Heongsun." He pushed a loose strand of my hair back causing me to slightly flinch. "Look's like we'll be seeing each other more often since my relationship with your mom is more serious." I stepped back as he took a step closer to me. "Well, I shouldn't keep you too long. Have a nice day at school."

A chilling grin spread across his face as he walked past me. I rushed to my bedroom and grabbed my backpack, quickly meeting Chenle back outside. I couldn't explain how, but it felt as though that mans eyes were still burning holes in my back. I turned around and stared at the entrance of my house but there was no one there.

"Are you okay?" Chenle asked as he placed his arm around my shoulder.

"Mmm." I nodded and pecked his cheek. "Let's hurry before we miss our bus."

When we arrived at school I walked a few steps ahead of him as he followed. We were still keeping our relationship secret so we didn't talk much at school unless we knew we were alone.

I was headed to my locker when Jaemin surprisingly walked up to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me in the opposite direction.