2

I walked home alone after school, typical on days that Suyeon had cheer practice.

When I got home I followed my daily routine of making myself instant ramen and locking myself in my room.

As usual, I spent my friday night immersed in my readings. It wasn't until I heard the sounds of my parents arguing that I was distracted from my book.

My parents were constantly fighting since I was a child and this wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

I tried to ignore all the screaming but a loud crash of glass shattering made it hard to listen to my own thoughts.

I grabbed my book and rushed out of my room trying my best not to be seen.

"You worthless brat, why don't you put that book down and do something useful."

My mom yelled at me as I walked by.

"Don't talk to my daughter like that!" My dad slurred his words in his druken state.

"You good for nothing alcoholic." My mom went back to yelling at him. "A worthless man with a worthless daughter."

I ignored her words and slammed the door on my way out to the backyard. I climbed up my childhood treehouse and laid down staring at the fading color of the old painted walls.

Although my parents could still be heard arguing, it wasn't as loud as it was indoors.

I focused my attention on the tiny cracks forming on the walls of the tree house. Mold had begun to seep through the corners and race down to the floor boards.

I closed my eyes and tried to clear my mind of any thoughts.

I might have been laying there for about ten minutes when a small rock shot through the open window of the treehouse.

I sighed and stuck my head out. As I had expected, Chenle was already climbing up his side of the fence to get into the tree house.

He came in through the window while I scooted to the other side to make some room for him.

I silently stared at my hands that were resting in my lap.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Never been better." I lied.

He passed me a plastic bag with a small white container in it.

"What's this?"

"It's stew that my mom made earlier."

"Thank you but I've already eaten." I tried handing him back the bag.

"You didn't eat at school and knowing you, you probably ate instant ramen and called it a meal."

I avoided his gaze as he scolded me.

"You look unhealthily skinny and need to eat more." He pushed the bag back to me.

I didn't argue back and carefully opened up the meal. I silently ate as I felt Chenle's eyes on me.

After making sure I finished every bite of the stew, he stood up and began examining the walls of the treehouse.

"The mold in here is getting worst. It's not healthy for you to keep coming up here with your asthma."

I rolled my eyes.

He was doing it again. Trying to control even the tiniest aspects of my life because he 'knew what was best for me'.

"Chenle don't you have some party to go to?" I asked annoyed by his controlling behavior.

"I need to make sure you are okay first."

"I wish you would stop pretending to care and just leave me alone."

I couldn't hold it in any longer, I was sick of him.

"Y/N we have been friends since childhood, I am not pretending to care."

"Friends? I don't think we have been friends for a long time." I laughed, "Or did you forget that you were the one who completely ignored me when we started High School. You were too busy playing popular boy that you left me alone ."

He quickly defended himself. "Everything I did was for your own good."

"Keep telling yourself that." I stood up to leave but he grabbed my wrist.

"Don't walk away from me." He commanded.

"Or what?" I pulled my wrist from him.

His cellphone received a notification causing him to advert his attention from me.

"Who is it? One of your little girlfriend's?" I scoffed.

He rolled his eyes.

"I have to go." He muttered and climbed out of the window back to his own backyard.

"Go control her life and stay out of mine." I yelled at him before climbing down from my side.

He couldn't go one day without making me mad. He always had to find some excuse to make me feel bad and claim that it was him trying to protect me.

Protect me from what? I never knew the answer.

He ignores me and pretends I don't exist at school yet he acts like a protective older brother at home whenever its convenient for him. Not even my own cousin acted the way Chenle did. I hated it and I was beginning to hate him.

I went back to my room and slammed my door shut in frustration. I peeked out of my window and could see Chenle being picked up by a red car, no doubtably going to the party everyone was going to.

Yes this marked the first weekend and party of the school year. Only 9 more months and I would be able to finally escape this hell. Leave that school, leave this house, and leave this small city and everyone in it for good.

___________________________

So Chenle and Y/N already have some sort of history,,,,,,

What do you think he did to her "that was for her own good"???? 👀