22

"y/n"

"Wake up....."

"y/n......we accidentally fell asleep up here."

I heard my name being called in my sleep. I groaned and covered my eyes with my hands to block the sunlight. "Five more minutes." I mumbled.

"Y/N it's 9:30 in the morning."

9:30.....

My eyes shot wide open and I instantly sat up causing me to feel a bit disoriented.

"Yah! Did you say it was 9:30!" I yelled and checked the time on my phone to make sure I wasn't dreaming. "No, no, no." I shook my head. "Why didn't my alarm go off? We're over an hour late to school." I jumped up looking for my shoes. "If we leave now we can make it before the end of second block."

"Why even bother going to school." Chenle yawned.

I let out a loud sigh and dropped to the floor. "Why are you so calm?" I asked as he casually brushed his fingers through his messy hair.

"Because we are not five minutes late. By the time we get there it'll be over two hours." He shrugged his shoulders. "We'll get the same punishment whether we show up for the day or not."

He wasn't wrong.

"Then what do we do?" I frowned.

"Before we do anything, you should start by washing off that ugly mess on your face."

My face flushed of embarrassment. I forgot he had scribbled all over my face with a marker last night. I probably looked like a 5 year old who woke up in the middle of the daycare floor after a sugar high.

"Be ready in an hour." He grinned and climbed out through the window without saying anything else.

I pursed my lips and hesitantly made my way back inside my home. Ditching classes one day wasn't going to hurt me.....right?

When I entered my home I noticed that everything was the same as yesterday. I looked around and saw that my mom's belongings weren't there.

Did she not come home last night?

This was new for my mother. Although she stayed out late to drink she always made it home by two or three in the morning. I was beginning to get worried. A multitude of bad scenarios ran through my mind but I shrugged them off. Maybe she picked up an opening shift to make up for the shifts she had missed.

I relaxed my mind with a warm bath. I struggled to wash off the marker stains on my face but eventually, with harsh scrubbing and mild skin irritation, I was able to do so. When I looked in the mirror I cried internally due to the redness. I swore to get Chenle back for this.

I threw on a pair of jeans and a oversized t-shirt after washing up. I sat outside on the front door step playing with my semi wet hair as I waited for Chenle. After a few minutes, a loud honk made me look up. I stood up when I realized it was Chenle driving his mom's car.

I rushed towards the car and hopped in the front passenger seat.

"Please tell me your mom let you borrow her car?" I don't know why I bothered asking when I already knew the answer.

Chenle grinned while he slowly drove away. "No, but what she doesn't know isn't going to kill her. She's always driving her company car so it's not like she'll notice anyway."

I mentally cried wishing I had stayed home. "If something bad happens I will not hesitate to blame it all on you."

"Relax." He smirked and looked at me. "You're with me, what could possibly-"