50

Get ready for some Tea....

________

"I'll have an iced americano."

"Make that two." Jaemin told the waitress at the cafe.

After we received our order, I directed my gaze at Jaemin who seemed to be avoiding the real reason I was here.

"So." I finally spoke up. "Are you going to tell me what you know or was it all a lie so that I would agree to meet with you."

He reached across the table, gently taking my hand into his. "I would never lie to you."

I raised my eyebrow, visibly unimpressed by his claim.

"Okay maybe I have lied to you but-"

"Maybe?" I repeated in a sarcastic tone.

He sighed and held my hand slightly tighter.

"I get it, I screwed up. I know it's hard to trust me but I wouldn't lie about something like this so I need you to trust me."

I nodded and waited for him to speak.

"I'm sorry."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was he apologizing?

"You already hate me and you are going to hate me more-"

"Jaemin I don't hate you." I interjected, afraid of what he was about to confess to.

Did he do it?

I shook off the thought, he would never do something like that.

Right?

"You don't?" He asked me, sadness visible in his eyes.

I shook my head and placed my hand on his cheek.

"I could never hate you." I spoke truthfully. "In fact it's the opposite. I'll always care for you Na Jaemin."

He grabbed both my hands, his voice broken as he spoke.

"I never deserved you." He sighed and lowered his eyes to the ground. "Y/N I-"

I waited for him to finish his sentence that he was struggling to finish.

"I know that Yoori is your friend but I-"

I scoffed at his statement. "That girl is not my friend."

"Sh-She's not?" Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows. "But you and Suyeon seemed to be so close to her? That's why you told her that you and Chenle were dating?"

I retracted both my hands away from him.

"I never told her that we were dating." I was shocked by how she could possibly know.

Jaemin leaned back in his chair, searching my eyes for truth. "But it's true isn't it? You are dating him?"

My silence was more than he needed to answer his question.

"Jaemin-ah I'm sorry, I should have told you but I-"

He held my hand once more, my broken eyes meeting his.

"All I want is for you to be happy." He forced a smile. "And if he makes you happy then I wont stand in the way of that because you deserve all the happiness in the world."

My eyes filled with tears that I struggled to fight back.

He frowned and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Hey, I didn't bring you here to make you cry." He looked around the cafe. "They're going to think I'm bullying you."

My small laugh was enough to help me control my tears.