Chapter 21: Lose Me All Together

I reentered the school, wiping my tears away with no luck or use, as every time I did another one fell in the last ones place.

I skipped past the common room quickly, not looking to see if anyone was in there, just walking straight up the spiral staircase and into the dormitory.
I hear a scuffle of footsteps behind me, following me up the stairs.
I turn around, to see Ginny and Hermione standing in the doorway with a worrisome look on their faces.

"What happened? We saw George upset too" Hermione questions softly.

I inhale deeply, my breaths skipping from having been crying.

"George he uh,-" I begin.
"He broke up with me."

Hermione slightly gasps, and Ginny frowns.

"Are you okay?" Ginny questions.

I nod my head.

"Yea im f-"
The lump in my throat prohibits my words.
My chest begins to ache heavily, and the downpour of tears from my eyes increases as I begin to sob more with her question.

Ginny and Hermione walk toward me, Hermione wrapping me into a tight hug, pulling my head onto her shoulder.
Ginny hugs me from behind, placing her head on my back and wrapping her arms around me and Hermione's shoulders.

"It's okay Callie, we're here." Hermione comforts.

I continued to softly weep into Hermione's shoulder, allowing both of them to comfort me in the moment.

I really needed it.

...

After a while, I had finally been able to calm myself down. Ginny and Hermione still didn't know exactly what had happened, or why exactly we broke up, because I hadn't gotten the chance to explain it yet through my emotions.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Hermione questions.
"It can help."

I nod,
"Yea actually. I do" I say.
"I could actually really use your guys advice."

Ginny and Hermione nod, and they watch me slowly slip my hand down into my back pocket, and pull out the letter.

"Fred sent me a letter this morning." I say.

Ginny furrows her brow, and Hermione is visibly confused as well.

"I want you guys to read it." I offer.
I reach the note out, and Hermione gently grabs it from my hands.
Hermione leans over to Ginny, allowing them to both read the note at the same time.

Ginny eyes partially widens as she scans the note, and she looks up to me a few moments later after she reads it.

"Wow." She says.

Hermione nods in agreement.

"So this is why you guys broke up? Because he read it?" Gin asks.

I shake my head.
"No, the problem is that he didn't read it. I didn't let him." I respond.

"Why not?" Hermione questions.

"Because... I knew it would hurt his relationship with Fred." I state.

Ginny inhaled deeply, fluttering  her fingers  as she brought her palms together.

"Callie, Fred and George are my brothers," she begins.
"I've known them my whole life... "
"Fred's always been the more outgoing one, or the one that always had a girlfriend or was talking to someone. George never cared about any of that, not until he started seeing you. I never saw him happier than he was when you two were together. Ever. Don't let this get in the way of that. I love Fred, but his love for you is nothing compared to the small fraction I've seen from George."