Chapter 12: Girlfriend

*THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME READERS. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED*

George and I decided to take a trip down to the leaky cauldron on one of our off days, just to spend some time together out of the school environment.

We walked in and took our seats, George ordering both of us a Butterbeer as we settled in.

"It's nice to be out of that school. I say, sighing heavily in relief.

George chuckles softly, looking over at me across the table.

"And what better way to spend the day than with my girl?" he says.

My heart flutters.
My girl.

I had actually  been meaning to ask George what exactly "this" is.
I just don't wanna be that person that rushes into things, and we haven't been seeing each other long at all, so I was very hesitant to bring it up.
And I liked what we had right now, no labels, no promises, just us.
But the thoughts had been running rampant through my brain for the last few days, and it was absolutely killing me not being able to know what he was thinking.

The waitress brought over our beverages, and we both placed an order, me getting the cottage pie, and George getting the bangers and mash.

"So things are better with Fred I'd assume?" I question.

George takes a sip of his butterbeer, wiping his upper lip before responding.

"Back to normal."
"What the hell did you say to him that day in the hall? He's stubborn, never seen him so levelheaded." He says.

My mind races back to Fred and Is chat in the hall, him telling me he still had feelings for me, and me flat out rejecting him.
I decided it was best to leave that part out of what I tell George.

"I just told him that you guys are brothers, and he's one of my best friends. We can all get along while me and you are doing....this." I say.

George smirks, running his finger around the rim of his glass.

"This." He mimics.

I shoot him a confused expression.

"What?" I question.

"Oh nothing. Just thinking." He responds.

...

"About?" I question again.

"Us." He states.

"I've been meaning to ask you something actually ."

He looks up to me, and catches me into a deep stare.

"For sure Georgie." I say.

He takes his hand from the table, grabbing mine and holding it in his.

"I was wondering... if you would be my girlfriend?" He asks suddenly.

My heart feels as if it would fly up through my throat, and the nervous jitters reappear in my stomach.
I don't respond for a few seconds, and I can tell that George is getting nervous.

"If it's too fast for you I totally get it, I mean, we've only been seeing each other since the ball and that wasn't too long ago-"

I quickly lean up over the table, grabbing his face and pulling him into a kiss.
We pull apart, but I keep our faces close for a moment, biting my lower lip as I smile.

"I would love to be your girlfriend George Weasley." I whisper.

He smiles, taking his hand behind my neck and pulling me into another kiss, this one longer and more passionate than the one before.