Chapter 22: Truth or Kiss

*this chapter contains some material that may not be suitable for some. This chapter is perhaps the most sexual one I've written so far, so if that kinda thing isn't for you, I suggest skipping this one. If that is your kinda thing, then enjoy! I really liked writing this one.*

...
I rejoin George in the common room, taking my seat next to him back on the sofa.
He leans over and whispers into my ear as I get comfortable next to him once again.

"How'd it go?" He questions.

I sigh.
"I said what I needed to say. Let's just hope it sticks." I respond bluntly.

He nods, and places a hand to my thigh, smiling at me lovingly.

A few moments later, Fred rejoins the group as well from the hall.

His eyes were an irritated red, and he seemed stressed from his body posture as he sat down.
He ran his hands through his hair, and sighed heavily, not making any form of eye contact with me or George.

"So, uh.. how was the suspension?" I ask, trying to stir the focus away from the situation and alleviate some tension between us all.

Fred looks over to me suddenly, his eyes reflecting in the light.
"Uhh, it was fine." Is all he responds.

I nod awkwardly, smacking my lips.

George and Fred remained silent to one another too.
Which was exactly why I didn't want George to see the letter in the first place.
But never the less, here we were, in the most uncomfortable situation I could possibly imagine.

After a few more moments of awkward silence amongst us all, I then remembered that Angelina had gone up to the dorms, after what I'd assume was a breakup based on her reaction.

I tapped George's knee, and leaned over to him.
"I'm gonna go check on Angelina." I say.

He nods, and I make my way up the spiral staircase quickly.

...
"Angelina?" I call out softly.

From within the dorm,I hear soft sniffles and sobs, very loud in the silence of the room.

I see Angelina when I enter, curled up on her bed, turned to the side and hugging a pillow.

I walk over to her, and sit at the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" I question softly.

She shakes her head.
"No." She responds.

...
"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask.

She shakes her head again.
"Not really."

I nod understandably.
"Okay. Just wanted to see how you were doing Ang."

I slowly  stand up from the bed, and go to walk back downstairs, before she stops me with her words.

"He's in love with you Callie." She sniffles.

I turn back to her.
"I'm sorry?" I question.

"Fred. He's in love with you." She responds.

My heart sinks, remembering all the events that led us here, and imagining the pain that she was feeling in her heart.

I walk back over to her, and sit down on the bed once again.

"Do you know why Fred and I stopped seeing each other?" I question.

She shakes her head.

"Well, while we were seeing each other, he said he wanted to take you to the ball. And not me." I state.