Chapter 6: Always the Plan

"Would anyone care to explain?" Snape sneered, looking both of us up and down in a disappointed glance.

Fred and I stood in the hallway next to each other, my hands clasped together in front of me in an awkward stance.
This was mortifying.

"We were-" Fred began.

"Oh I know what you were doing," Snape interrupted.
"My question is why,"

I glanced over to Fred, and his complexion was beet red, nearly the color of his hair.
His cheeks were flushed, and his hair was still incredibly messy from moments before.

Snape stood tall, glaring at us with a disgusted expression on his face.
Neither me or Fred said anything, we just stood in an awkward, tension filled staring match.

"Well since neither of you would like to explain exactly why I caught you doing-....... whatever in the broom closet, I'll just let you both join me in detention for the next week or two." He said.

Fred lifted his head up quickly,

"And you know, that is fine with us Professor-,"

"Quiet," Snape interrupted once again.

"I'll also be taking 50 points from Gryffindor. For each of you."

"100 points!?" I screamed.
Snape's glare shifts from Fred to me, dropping a foot down to my eye level.

"Maybe you two should have thought about that before you decided to engage in certain activities, under school hours." He spit.

I just nod, accepting the punishment gladly.
I just wanted this interaction to be over.

"Back to your dorms. Now." Snape said.

Fred and I wasted no time, and we quickly walked in the direction of the dormitory, away from Snape.

"Well that was an experience," Fred laughs, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

I quickly throw his arm off of me in an irritated mood.
"I told you it wasn't a good idea." I say.

Fred flashes me a confused look, and grabs both my shoulders stopping me in the middle of the hall.

"Oh so this is my fault?" He questions.

I nod my head,
"Yea. It is." I spit.

"Oh, well that's not what you were thinking when you had your legs wrapped around my-"

"Fred!" I exclaim.

He breaks out into a fit of laughter, grabbing his stomach and throwing his head back.
I roll my eyes, and turn away continuing to walk back to the dormitories.

I quickly hear his laughter fade, and his quick footsteps get closer to me as he catches up.

"Look Cal...I'm sorry." He says.

I wanted to be mad at him.
But I couldn't.
Looking at his apologetic, red flustered face, I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"There she is," he says, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me in for a quick kiss.
We both pull away, both of us smiling wide at each other.

"You better make it up to me though. That was mortifying." I say.

"Very true." He responds.
"But trust me, I'll make it up to you. I promise."