Chapter 8: Feels Different

Potions class went by as slow as it possibly could. Getting side glances from Hermione, Ginny, Ron, and Harry from across the room, probably wondering how it was going over here.
Fred keeping his back turned to both George and I for the entire class, not glancing back once.
And not to mention Snape, who kept shooting me and Fred distasteful looks from last nights encounter.
It was terrible to say the least.

When we were released, Fred was the first one out, not wasting anytime to leave the room.
George and I walked out together into the hall, and he had a wide grin on his face as we walked together.

"How long do you think he's gonna be mad?" I ask George.

"I don't know Cal. He's one to hold a grudge, so could be a while." He responds.

"Well I don't care. I'm still angry with him anyways." I say, glancing around the hallway at other  students passing us by.

George looked down to me ,
"Yea, I'm sorry about that by the way. You didn't deserve that." George apologizes.

I smile softly, placing an arm onto George's bicep.

"You don't have to apologize for Fred, Georgie. I mean, it definitely sucked, but it wasn't your fault." I say.

"You deserve a lot better."
Fred, I love him to death I do, but he still doesn't understand how he should treat people. Especially people like you." He began.

I squint my eyes at him,
"People like me?" I question.

He chuckles softly under his breath,
"I mean like, special people. People we love." He says.

My heart twitches in my chest. I don't know if it was just the flattery or what, but something about his dark eyes staring down at me made me feel ok.
Safe.

"Thanks Georgie." I say.

He smiles and nods,

"Anytime Cal."

The rest of the day went by rather quickly actually.
I had Defense Against the Dark Arts, which was always a fun time with Lupin.
Then I had Herbology, and luckily for me I got Neville as my assigned partner, so I'm pretty much set for the year.
And then I had Charms, which was rather boring to be quite honest with you.

Finally though, it was time for lunch.

I met up with Ginny and Hermione near the Gryffindor entrance, so we could walk to the Great hall together. I told them all about how I was going to the ball with George, and the little bicker match we had all had during potions earlier that morning.

"Wait, so George is taking you?" Hermione asked.

I nod, " Yea, just as friends though. He asked this morning."

"You do know he's had a crush on you for like 3 years right?" Ginny asked.

"I mean, he mentioned that." I say.

"And you don't think-that  he'll think there's something else going on with you two? Hermione questioned again.

I shake my head,
"No I don't think. He asked me as friends. Nothing more." I finish.

Ginny cracks a small smile.

"Eh, even if you guys did end up together, would that be such a bad thing?"

I shoot my head over to her in shock.
"What?" I question sharply.

"I mean, you and George have always had a connection. It's always been friendly yea, but if it did turn into something more, I don't think that's be such a bad thing. You guys would be great together, and you deserve someone who would treat you right." Ginny began.