Chapter 9: The Ball

*THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME READERS. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED*
this one is for my George people out there😏

It was the night of the ball, and all us girls were in the dorm getting ready together.
We were all practically finished, just some last minute things, like touching up makeup and grabbing our stuff.

"Everyone ready?" Hermione asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I say, very nervously.

I don't why I was so nervous. George has seen me dressed up before, but he was never my date.
Was this even a date?
Or did he still want to go as just friends?
Also, the thought of seeing Fred with Angelina entered my mind again, and it made my heart sink within my chest.
I wasn't ready for that yet either.

I shook the thoughts from my brain, and followed Ginny and Hermione down the stairs.
Before we reached the door, Hermione stopped both of us, whispering quietly.

"Let's all go out one by one, so we can have like a grand entrance you know?" She suggested excitedly.

Me and Ginny chuckled, but honestly I loved the idea.

"Ok. Ginny, you first," I said.

Ginny nodded her head, and flipped her hair back in a sassy manner.

She walked out and we heard a cascade of oohs and ahs, and a very loud "brilliant" coming from Harry.

Hermione went next, and when she walked out I heard a round of applause, and everyone telling her how beautiful she looked.
When her praise died down, I decided to go out myself.

I took a step out of the archway, glancing up at my group of friends standing in front of me.
Ginny and Hermione both how prideful looks on their faces, both of them smiling while standing next to their dates.

Harry and Ron both had raised their eyebrows, and their eyes were a bit wide. But they were both still quite focused on Hermione and Ginny.

I looked over to George, who stood tall, in a black and white suit, and a tie that matched my dress.

He looked mesmerized, his dark eyes scanning me up and down, and his mouth slightly agape.
I walked toward him, and flashed him a smile.

"You look-" he began.

He looked me up and down once again, his breathing heavy and his eyes focused on only me.

"Stunning." He finished.

My heart fluttered within my chest, and the butterflies in my stomach came alive in the moment.

"Not too bad yourself Georgie." I said.
"I like the touch with the tie."

He glanced down at his tie, and laughed.

"I wanted to match. Hope that's ok, and not we-"

"No. It's perfect" I interrupted.

He smiled while exhaling a large breath, and I kept our eye contact constant.
Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Fred standing a bit behind George, his eyes on me as well.
He had a similar expression to George's, but his was more seductive, and he but his lower lip as he looked me up and down.