Chapter 30: Secrets Revealed

I awoke the next morning, my head still spinning from the events of last night. 

I was alone in the bed, so I assumed that Fred got gotten up earlier to prepare for the day ahead. 

I stood up out of the bed, slipping my shorts back on and heading out of Fred's bedroom, making sure not to let anyone see me slipping out in secret. 

I walk into the kitchen, extending my arms behind me and yawning as my body adjusted to being awake and nearly fully alert. 

Everyones eyes flew to me as I entered the kitchen, and I noticed George and Fred both at the kitchen table eating their breakfast. 

George had his left cheek bandaged up, and his left eye looked pretty swollen. 

I felt awful. I wanted to be able to ask if he was okay, but I don't think we're in the shape for it yet.

"Morning sunshine." Hermione says, scooping some eggs onto a plate for me. 

She reaches it out to me, and I take it with a smile. 

"Thanks Mione." I say. 

I walk over to the table, sitting down next to Fred and begin eating my breakfast. 

As I was eating, I could feel his eyes on me, so I looked up to catch him staring intently. 

I flash him a smile, and he gives one back. 

George quickly finishes his meal, puts his plate in the sink, and goes into his bedroom without saying a word to anyone. 

I look over to his empty chair, my heart aching at his absence. 

"So how'd you sleep?" Ginny questions, entering in from the living room and breaking the silence. 

I look up to her, her eyebrow raised in question at me. 

"I slept well." I say. 

She giggles. 

"I don't think the question is how you slept, it should be where you slept." She teases. 

I chuckle. 

"I slept on the floor in Fred's room," I begin. 

"Merlin knows I wouldn't have gotten a lick of sleep with you two across the room." 

Harrys cheeks flush red, and I flash him a playful wink. 

Fred clears his plate, standing up and putting it into the sink before turning around to the group. 

" Could anyone come help me figure out this new gadget for the shop? I'd ask George, but hes still in a pissy mood after last night." he says. 

Hermione frowns,

"As much as I'd love to help, Ron and I've got plans today." She says. 

Ron nods, shrugging his shoulder at Fred. 

"Yea, and Harry and I don't wanna help." Ginny teases. 

Fred looks at me, scanning me up and down with his eyes. 

"How about you Callie? You wanna help me?" He questions. 

I think for a moment. 

I nod. 

"Sure, I'll be there in a minute." I respond. 

He nods and turns away, disappearing down the hallway and into his room.