Chapter 7: Anytime

My face was sticky with tears, and I stayed in the bathroom trying to calm myself down after the fight I had just had with Fred.
Then, I hear a scuffle of footsteps behind me.
I gaze into the mirror, Ginny and Hermione peering into the bathroom looking around for me.

"There you are," Ginny said.
"We were worried, you practically darted out of the common room."

I didn't say anything. I knew my voice would still be shaky and fragile, and I didn't want either of them to know what was going on.

"We uh, also heard the fight in the hall." Hermione says softly.

My stomach flutters with embarrassment.

"The whole thing?" I question.

They both nod their heads.

"And everyone heard it?" I continue.
They nod again.

Hermione walks forward, placing her hand on my shoulder and pulling me into a quick and comforting hug.

"I'm bloody mortified." I say, placing my hands on my face and running them back through my hair.

"Don't be." Ginny begins.
"We all know who's at fault here. And it's not you."

That remark was oddly comforting in a way, but it still didn't help much.

"Yea, but now everyone knows about everything else. If you know what I mean." I say.

Ginny and Hermione flash each other a quick glance, but then bring their focus back onto me.

"Oh no one cares about that. We practically knew anyways." Hermione shrugs.

"Wait. You guys knew?" I ask, confused.

"I mean, we didn't know know, but we had an idea." Hermione begins .
"I mean, you two have always had a flirty connection, and then you both started acting kinda of weird. Also, making out in the common room like right when Ginny and I go up the stairs doesn't help either."

I throw my forehead into my palm in embarrassment, and I just know my cheeks have turned a beet red.

"Honestly Callie, don't worry about it. None of us care, really." Ginny said.

"Like you could say anything anyways," I kid, trying to lighten up my mood a bit.

Ginny cracks a large smile, smacking me on the arm.

"Hey!!" She laughed.

"It's true," Hermione continued.

We all broke into a small fit of laughter, and I felt my sadness and embarrassment fading with every moment.
I didn't care if everyone knew.
I mean, Ginny and Harry get it on all the time.
Ron and Hermione definitely like each other, and I know they've thought about it.
And George isn't 100% innocent either.

It was honestly just the thought that everyone knew I'd been tossed away for Angelina.
That was the worst part.

Eventually, we all calmed ourselves and decided to make our way to class.
Being late to Snape's class definitely would not help my situation, so I decided best to not be.

"You ready to go out there?" Hermione asks, her hand placed lovingly on my shoulder.

"Just remember. Fred's a dick, he doesn't deserve you. Don't let em win, and be the bad bitch that you are." Ginny encouraged.
I flash a small smile, taking in a deep breath before leaving the lavatory.

"Let's do it," I say.

Ginny and Hermione each walk to a side of me.
We chitchat while walking amongst the halls , and I decide to tell them about the events of last night.