Chapter 25: Couldn't get Much Better

*THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME READERS. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED*

That night I went to sleep feeling extra happy. I didn't know what it was, if it was George or the experience I just had...I just felt really good...about everything.

The next morning I got up a bit earlier than everyone else to fit in a morning run.
Id used to run all the time back  at home, but since I got to school,  with all the drama that's been going on, I hadn't had the chance to continue.

I slipped into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, putting on some extra layers underneath as it was now winter and really cold outside.

I walked quietly down the dorm stairs into the common room, seeing Fred as I enter.

He had his leg placed up on the table, stretching while looking up to me.

"What are you doing up so early?" I question.

He switches his legs, and continues to stretch.
"I was gonna go for a run this morning." He replies.

I chuckle.
"Great minds think  alike I guess."

He smiles and shakes his head.

"You wanna go together?" He questions.

I nod.
"Sure, why not." I say.

Couldn't hurt.

Fred and I used to run together all the time back at the burrow.
We were both really big on staying in shape, especially for Quidditch where good cardio is a must have.
George used to join us sometimes too.

Honestly, those were some of my favorite memories of me and the boys, before everything went slowly downhill from there.

Me and Fred walked out of the dorm, and headed straight for the Quidditch field, where we had planned to trace the perimeter for our jog.

We finally got there, and I set down my flask of water next to his on the ground.

"So uh," he says suddenly.

I peer over to him, waiting for him to finish his statement.

"This isn't gonna be awkward now is it?" He asks.

I furrow my brow and crack a smile.
"Why would it be?" I question.

He shakes his head.
"It doesn't have to be at all." He begins.
"It's just...we had quite a day yesterday."

I try to conceal my grin, thinking back to yesterday, me, Fred, and George in the boys dorm.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." I say.
"But it's not awkward for me. I decided to do it, and I don't regret it."

He smiles, his cheeks turning a light red.

"I also wanted to apologize for the kiss thing too." He  begins.
"I shouldn't have ever offered it, and I know that it confused you."

I nod my head, agreeing.
"Well, I shouldn't have accepted it. So, we both made mistakes."

He nods too.
"And my feelings aside...you and George are really great together Cal. Seeing what you did for him, with the whole....you know, made me realize a lot."

...

"You guys really love each other huh?" He says.

I nod.
"I really do...love him." I respond.

Fred flashes a small smile, glancing down to the ground.

"I love you too though Freddie. Just in a really different way." I say.