Not the end. (42)

Kai's POV
Endless nightmare.

"Kai don't trust her! You need to run!" He insists as I run through the forest. "She's the one!" I glance back causing me to trip.

I land into a puddle. I look down at my hands and see red. I look from my hands to the puddle. The puddle is red.

I begin to follow its trail.

I walk and walk to find out where it's coming from. "Kai." I turn around. "Kai." I look  to my side "Kai" I look forward again, it's coming from the end of the trail. I run beside it, the sky is darkening as I get closer.

As I reach the end I see something laying there. No. Not something. Someone. I slow down and walk up to the body. I look down and see him. "Zeke?"

I crouch beside him, grabbing his shoulder and shaking it a bit "zeke?"

No response.

I shake him faster "come on zeke."

No response?

I grab both his shoulders and pull him up "Zeke get up already."

No response...

"Zeke get the fuck up!" I shout  shaking him harder

No response!

I hug him "please Zeke. Please wake up." I whisper in his ear, "I'll  do anything you want! All you have to do is wake up!'

A flash of lighting strikes and separating us. I  get thrown by the force and hit my head on a trunk. Wincing by a tree, I slowly open my eyes seeing that The sky is clear "Kai?" I turn to my left. "Don't cry Kai." I jump right into his arms. "It's ok baby. Everything is going to be ok".

I grip onto his shirt "stay with me" I cry out "promise you'll stay with me."

He tightens his grip "baby." He rubs my back "you know I can't promise you that."

"Yes! Yes you can!" I pull away from him and grab him from his collar bringing him to my level. "Why can't you!?"

"Because I'm already dead.." he trembled.

I release my grasp iof his shirt and back away "No. you can't be."

"I'm sorry baby."

"No!" He pulls me in again "no zeke I need you!"

"No baby... You don't need me anymore."

"Yes I do" i sob.

"You have your mate now." My body tenses at his words "he's going to protect you now." He pushes me away.

"B-but" my lips begin to quiver.

"Don't trust her." He takes a few steps back

"What?"

"Truly I love you."

"Zeke I love you too bu-"