Dinner (p5)

Arrio's POV
7:30 pm on a Wednesday
(Time between chapter three and four)

"He's adopted!?" I ask Dana shocked and mostly aggravated that he's not blood related to those two weirdos but still living with them. "Since birth or what?" I ask. I need to know how long he's been with these freaks.

"I'm not sure. I know he knew his parents, so I'm guessing he was older by the time he met Ezekiel and Scarlet. I've tried to ask about his parents but every time I ask he changes the subject." She explains as she continues eating my mothers brownies.

"So he has to know that they are witches. Right? I mean if they are witches." I ask my father who is in deep thought.

"We can't know for sure." he mumbles. He looks at Dana. "Dana I need you to invite him for dinner tomorrow".

"Alpha, the thing is that he didn't tell us he was adopted. Dana figured that on her own. He doesn't say much about his personal life." Frank explains to my father.

"So interrogating him won't work. The main  reason he's friends with our daughter is because he trusts her. He knows she won't go around telling his secrets." Tess adds .

"Didn't you reject him this morning? Why are you suddenly interested?" Dana asks. She looks annoyed and I don't blame her. I mean if he was a werewolf, he would've been heartbroken from my rejection.

"I took it back. He's my mate and I want to protect him." I answer. Which there's no need for me to answer as Future Alpha. I'm just doing this because she's Kai's best friend. She nods and continues to eat my mothers brownies.
"So how did you find out he was Adopted." I ask Dana.

"I stole Ezekiel's comb and Scarlet's tooth brush. Then I plucked a strand of hair from Kai. He was pretty pissed till I told him that it was a grey hair." Dana explains. "I had my suspicions from the first time I met them. They were odd , especially Ezekiel. He would stare at Kai a lot and not in a good way. At first I was grossed out because that was his brother but then I realized that Kai didn't feel awkward about it. Kai is into some odd stuff but incest relationships was not one of them. So I followed my gut and checked to see if they were related. Then came in the results and there it said in big red words 'no relation' "

"What about the bracelet? Do you know who gave it to him?" I ask. I bet my whole allowance it was that poopy eyed guy.

"The bracelet? Oh I think he said someone he met when he was a kid. It was for protection or something like that. Why? Is there something wrong with it?" Dana looks confused. I guess I'm not only one who's new at the information.

"It's made from Black pearls and a red thread" My father holds his wine and swirls it.  "There's  this Polynesian legend that tells about  Oro, the god of fertility and peace. He visited earth one day on a rainbow and offered a black pearl to Princess Bora Bora. The pearl was a symbol of his love. Now a days many humans give them to their special one, it denotes eternal love."

He takes a sip and swirls it again. "An ancient Japanese legend speaks about the gods tying an invisible red thread to the pinky finger of two people who are bound to find each other in life. Who are soulmates."

"But witches took both and combined them to turn it into some twisted fate." My mother pops in.

My dad nods and continues. "The red thread is used so the one they claim won't ever be able to find their soulmate. It makes them need the witch as if they were their other half. If Kai even tries to leave it'll hurt him. The pearls are used for eternity. They are impossible to break, the spell they use basically turns them into a type of lock. The strength of the pearl depends on the witch and what it feeds off."