Chasing mate (P21)

Arrio's POV
Before the escape.

"Arrio wake up." I wake up to my dads voice. "We need to talk."

"Mate." I mumble and tighten my grip on him.

"He'll be alright. This is important " I groan but listen anyways .

"No! Why are you listening to him!" Axel growls. He continues growling but I ignore it and unwrap myself from Kai. I kiss his cheek then follow my dad outside.

He continues walking to the end of the hallway and into a room. I walk in and shut the door. "Tomorrow you will become Alpha." My heart skips a beat. "Do you feel ready for it? For everything that comes with that title?"

"To be honest. I don't feel ready at all." I answer. I don't feel right getting it. Looking at my dad then looking at me . I'm nothing compared to him.

"Good" my dad smiles. "It's better to feel like you're not good enough and try your best then be arrogant and not try at all."

"Is that how you were? We're you scared?" I ask. It makes sense for him to be scared.

"No I was a selfish prick." Guess I was wrong. "I almost lost your mother because of my arrogance." He takes a seat on the mat and I sit next to him.

"What happened?" I ask shocked.

"I was going to keep her as my mistress." I start to choke on my own spit. "I know son, I'm happy that you didn't think like that with your mate. You most likely got that kind heart from your mother. But you definitely got that Alpha arrogance from me. You did anyways, lately I haven't seen it."

It's crazy to think about how I rejected Kai. I've never regretted anything in my whole life. I'm happy my parents smacked some sense into me. I couldn't have asked for a better mate and Luna.

"I was worse. I believed that I deserve a daughter of an alpha. Not some random pack member from the weakest pack." He shakes his head, feeling shameful about his mistakes.

My mother was from the Dark Night pack, it's infamous for its Alpha that lets any rouge pass on his territory because his pack members aren't strong enough to fight back. It's interesting to think of my mom coming from there. Man she's a warrior, one of our best females.

"I told her that I would not reject her because my wolf needed her but that I would never make her my Luna because I had already chosen one. That she would be by my side when needed but I would choose when." My dad chuckles. "You should've seen her face. I was expecting tears but no . That little lady was smoking with anger."

Sounds like my mom. She's tiny but fiesty.

"She said 'the thing is Alpha' oh and you should've heard her say Alpha, that was hot"

"Dad that's gross." I chuckle.

"Right. She said 'the thing is Alpha, please excuse me when I say this but my wolf rather have a rat as a mate than you. Which I honestly can't see the difference.' "

"My moms always been a badass." I laugh with my dad.

"Oh yes, but how that ticked both Timber and I. I because she had insulted me and Timber because she was rejecting  him. I was thinking of punishing her! till she said those words. 'I Diana Stevenson reject you" ." My dads eyes start tearing up. "Oh how that hurt me. I fell to the ground and ripped my shirt. I looked up at her and she had tears as well. However she didn't cry because she had just rejected her mate. No she was crying because I was in pain."