Help (P14)

Kai's POV
Two weeks later

Wind is all that can be heard here. The cool air, gives soft kisses on my cheeks. The smell is of mud and grass after a rainy day.

Why I'm here. baffles me. Why am I here in this forgotten forest. Its been years since he saved me from this abandoned home.

It still looks the same but it doesn't feel the same. For once I feel safe. I feel like I'm home except I never once considered this home. So why do I feel content.

The leaves on the trees are flowing beautifully as if they were dancing to a tune. I smile and lean back into the tree. In the distance I can hear a song that seems so familiar but I can't put a finger on it.

A sudden growl shakes the trees and scares the wind away. I open my eyes and look around. Strangely enough, I'm not scared from the growl. If anything I feel much safer. I search for the owner of the sound when my eyes land on him.

A black wolf, he comes closer and I grin. This wolf means something to me, I just know it. I stare into his green grass eyes. They were more than just plain old green. They were the green that you saw when earth would come back to life after an unforgiving winter. The green that, even in the darkest times can shine bright and bring you comfort. The sign of peace after a bad day.

And there, in that moment. I knew the true answer. I had already found him. For then, I had figured out. He was my one and only, he was my-

"Wake up sleepy head" a familiar voice wakes me from my peaceful dream. I smack his hands away and grunt at him. "Come on baby, I made chocolate chip pancakes."

I jump out of bed hearing Zekes laughter in the background. I run to my bathroom and brush my teeth. Damn I shouldn't have moved that fast now I'm all dizzy. I hold onto the sink to catch my balance. Once I get back to normal I quickly brush my teeth and run downstairs.

I serve myself some pancakes then take a seat opposite from Zeke. Mmm . Now this is happiness. "What were you dreaming of?" I look up and raise a brow. Why the hell is he asking about my dreams. "You were smiling when I went to wake you up. Were you dreaming naughty things?" He jokes and winks at me.

"Nah. I'm not a sinner like the rest of you men." I laugh at him then wipe my mouth. "I was just in the forest and ..." And? Why can't I remember all of a sudden.

"And?" Zeke asks. My face crunches up as I try to recall what I dreamt .

"Ugh." I rub my temples. I think my headache is coming back. "I can't remember. I just remember being in a forest."  He nods and goes back to eating. I can tell he's contemplating whether I really forgot or am faking it. Which why the hell would I lie about a dream.  But what else would he be focusing on. Right ?

I hold my head. Damn these headaches are getting worse. I used to get them alot when I was a kid but when I turned eleven Zeke made this necklace for me. Supposedly the crystal got rid of them, something about energy. I'm not sure how it helped but it just did. I haven't had a headache since then, well until recently.

Maybe the crystal is old? I probably just need a new one. Ugh I'll focus on that later, right now I need to look for some medicine. "Zeke" I whine "can you get me some drugs." ok when I said I was going to look for it I actually meant Zeke was going to look for it.