Love? (P32)

Kai's POV
A week later

I thought that the mate bond would make me want to be with Arrio much more but so far its the complete opposite. At the beginning I did but as the days go by the less affection I have for him . He tries to cuddle and I let him mostly because Loki needs it but if it was for me I would be pushing him off.

Sometimes I do want to be with him. Especially Loki so I've been having to clock him more. Well honestly I've been doing it mostly for Zeke. When I'm with Zeke , Loki tries to take control. It's getting hard because I feel the pain Loki feels without our mate but it hurts me as well to not be with Zeke.

Do you see the metaphorical wall here?

I know. I know. I used to say how annoying he was for being clingy but in reality I don't think that was ever true. Now I head home right after school so I can just be in his arms again. Arrio will text me and i tell him that I have things to do for the shop. In a way It might be considered cheating.

No. I am cheating.

That makes me a terrible person, doesn't it? I feel terrible but I don't know what to do. I care about Arrio and I know he's my mate but I don't know. It's confusing really. Like the more I hang with him the less I want him. Is that how the bond works? I would ask Loki but I don't trust him with that information.

I fear he'll continue talking about how it's Zeke's doing. 'Zeke and my bracelet, they are the cause of this.' I don't believe it, it just doesn't make any sense. Zeke didn't give it to me, an elderly man did. Who has no connection.

Why should I take off a bracelet that has kept me saved from the heathens who dare call me son. It stopped my father from whipping me. If I'm to ever meet him again I know it'll protect me.

I remember the old man warning me about people who would try to take it from me. He said that there will be a time where people will try to confuse me and steal it from me. I think it's because they know it's for protection and they want the power.

Dana is one person who wants to take it off. I've been talking less to her. I don't think she's noticed, mostly because she's been busy with her girlfriend. They are going to have a family dinner at Mia's house. Sadly I wasn't invited. Which doesn't make sense when I'm going to be the best man.

Everyone seems to be in there own world, including me. I decided to stay home today with Zeke. I don't want to deal with Arrio today. He can be too much and I just want that with Zeke now.

Arrio called me earlier but Zeke didn't let me answer and I didn't fight it. I want Zeke to be happy and if I have to avoid Arrio for it to happen then so be it. I don't want Zeke to ever frown, I want to see his beautiful smile every time I'm with him. He's so beautiful. He's perfect.

I'm not sure when I realized I was lucky to have him but I'm happy i finally opened my eyes. But it might be too late. I have a mate now that Loki needs. If only there was a way to separate us. He can have Arrio and I can stay with Zeke.

It's impossible for that to happen.... but Zeke might know another way.

"Zeke?" He looks down at me. "Can i ask you something?"

"You just did baby." He smirks. Jerk.

"Can I ask you two questions."