Safe and sound (P33)

Arrio's POV
without Kai.

He's not answering. I redial his number and wait for an answer. The tone signals it heading straight to his voicemail. Is he avoiding me?

"What's wrong Santos?" I look over to Dean who is helping me with some paperwork. We skipped school today because there were some things that had to be done.

"Kai won't answer." I mutter and redial. "He didn't go to school today so he should be able to answer." Unless he can't.

"Maybe he's taking a dump?" Dean questions with a shrug. I chuckle and shake my head. "Hmm how about once we're done here we can head over."

"What if his prison guard is there? " I lay my head on the desk . "He'll probably not even want to see me. Especially if he's there."

"He's your mate."

"Doesn't feel like it." I grumble. I raise my head and smile "but it's worth a try." Dean smiles and we continue looking through our files. We are looking through some rogue documents. The most recent ones. Hopefully we can figure which one seems to be the killer.

"None of these guys seem smart enough to cover their scent." Dean frowns "honestly I feel like this a waste of time."

"Hm." I look through the last one "nope. Definitely not him." I chuckle. I rub my temples and look at Dean. "How recent are these rogues?"

"Just five months old. The murders started five months ago and the elders thought that it would make sense for them to be the ones."

"A new rogue knowing how to cover his scent?" I shake my head. "That's bullshit. There's no way this rogue is a new one. What we need to look at are the ones who have lost their mates. Let's look at the deaths instead and make sure they are at least a year old."

"Yes alpha." Dean walks out and makes a call. 

"Arrio. Something doesn't feel right."

"What's up?"

The door slams open and My father walks  in. "There has been another murder." I stand up and walk towards him "the body was found at Scarlets shop." I freeze. Why the hell would a rogue drop a body there.

"I need to bring Kai here. In case he's being targeted." I growl

"We don't know for sure Arrio."

"It's fine . It's better safe than be sorry." I rush out and mindlink Dean "we need to go get Kai. Call Dana and tell her to come home and to bring Mia" Some might thing I'm over reacting but since the beginning I felt like that rogue had something to do with Zeke.

I may be wrong but he's different here. He has been killing only three males from each pack before going to his next . But here He's already killed seven. He's also getting  sloppy. Let's not forget that he killed both mates last time as well. Both being male.

The bag from Scarlets shop? Then leaving a body in front of her shop?

No this is no longer a coincidence.