Chapter 26 - Interhigh Preliminaries

This chap is dedicated to @cj_casinillo since I'm sorry for making you suffer by waiting lol. Thanks for the support <3

"Alright, I've got nothing more to say. Rest up today boys," Ukai said as practice came to an end.

"We will!" the boys shouted and I stood next to Kiyoko, nudging her and she nodded at me.

Daichi spoke up. "Okay then that's all for tod-

"Ahh hold on a moment!" Takeda shouted, interrupting him. "I think there are still two more people who want something to say." He then turned to us. "Take it away Shizimu-san! (Y/N)!"

The boys looked at us in confusion. "...I'm not... All that good with... words of encouragement so..." She bent down, going through the large plastic bag where we had put the banner. "(Y/N) if you would."

I saluted. "Leave it to me!" I grabbed the rolled up banner and climbed up the ladder, Kiyoko following behind me. "...Almost there."

"(Y/N)... I can carry it if you need help." "I'm fine!"

"What's going on?" Noya asked as the boys looked up at the railing.

"One... Two... Now!" I said and Kiyoko and I opened the banner, holding it up as it fluttered open. The dusty and damaged banner was now stitched clean, looking new as the kanji for 'FLY' was shown.

The boys were successfully shocked. A win in our book! I thought to myself. "Who'd have thought we had such a thing...!" Suga shouted in surprise.

"I found it while cleaning, so I fixed it up with (Y/N)'s help," Kiyoko explained and I shyly giggled. Hiding my bandaged fingers in my jacket pockets. When learning to sew I pricked myself multiple times and my sewing wasn't the greatest, but with Kiyoko's help and a bunch of practice we were able to finish the banner on time. Kiyoko did most of the hard work though.

"UOOOH! I'M GETTING ALL FIRED UP NOW!" Tanaka shouted, a blush on his face.

"JUST WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT OF (Y/N) AND KIYOKO-SAN! NICE JOB!!" Noya screamed out after Tanaka, fist fists clenched in the air.

"...But..." Kiyoko mumbled and the boys tilted their heads. "Do your best." She blushed and the gym went silent. It seemed as if the whole world had frozen in place because of her words. I covered my mouth with one hand as I used the other to hold my phone to record their reactions, it was shaking because I was trying so hard not to laugh.

Kiyoko went down the ladder, a blush still evident on her face as the boys stood there in silence still looking at the banner. Then, tears gushed out of Daichi, Suga, Asahi, Noya, and Tanaka's eyes, surprising the first years. I laughed out loud since I got that on camera.

"Shimizuuu...!!" they all cried out, shocking Hinata and Kageyama even more since Daichi was also sobbing.

"..UU...! UU...!!!!!" Tanaka and Noya sobbed, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi looked at them with mixed emotions. 'The two are too shocked to even speak words and they're usually so loud...'

"What the heck, this is just getting out of hand now!" Tsukishima commented and I stopped recording, stuffing, my phone in my pocket before I climbed back down. When I made it down I noticed that there were boys from other clubs cursing the volleyball team.

"Damn you volleyball club! "I wish we had a female manager!"

"Ah, that's why they are cursing us." I deadpanned. "Oh well."

"WE'RE DEFINITELY GOING TO WIN THAT FIRST MATCH!!" "YEAH!!!"

I looked at Ukai who was sighing at the group of rowdy boys. We stared at each other, nodding. A mutual understanding between two asshole coaches. Takeda had gotten Ukai on board and he decided to willingly stay on board. I was forced by the two adults to join and decided to stay. "We stayed by choice... But I think I'm starting to regret this..." Ukai muttered and I solemnly nodded from beside him.