Chapter 35 - Her Feelings

I watched with wide eyes as I saw the ball fall to the ground. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as it hit the court, Asahi, Kageyama, and Noya's bodies sliding on the wood, just missing it. The sound of the ball bouncing up and down filled my ears, it seemed to be the only sound echoing through the gym for a moment. Then came the whistle, the flip of the scoreboard, and finally the cheers.

33-31. Karasuno had lost.

The lights seemed to dim as they shined onto Karasuno and the Seijoh team seemed to brighten, as if the lights were shining upon them. I sat still in place, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, holding my notebook weakly in my hand. My heart was beating fast. It hurt - it felt heart wrenching, yet there was a tingling sensation in there. I took in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, it just felt so hard to breathe. The sight... It hurt yet it looked so beautiful to me. It made something stir in me and I didn't know what.

Once I had regained my senses, I closed my notebook, stuffing my pen into my pocket. 'Looks like Tooru-senpai figured out that Tobio's only option would be Shoyo...' "Ukai... It looks like I was right about that freak quick... And it looks like it was a huge blow on Shoyo..."

Ukai grimace and I looked at him from the corner of my eye. He knew I was right, I had told him that the freak quick wasn't invincible. I had told him that if it failed when we most needed it, it would be a huge blow on the boys, especially Kageyama and Hinata. "But to think that Kindaichi Yutaro would be the one to stop it... Guess my hunch was spot on to keep a close eye on him." I muttered. 'And both my prediction and gut feeling that Karasuno wouldn't be able to win today was spot on as always.'

I watched as the boys lined up bowing down to their opponents for a good game. As they shook hands, we bowed down to Irihata.

"Line up! Thank you for coming!" "Thanks!"

The sound of clapping filled the gym and I could only clench my fists tightly, my heart clenching. "Good job out there!"

"That was a great match!"

"Let's get off the court quickly. The next team's starting their warmup. We'll go cool down upstairs or outside. Seijou has a bit of time before they continue on to the quarterfinals," Ukai said and we all started to walk out of the gymnasium and into the lobby.

I looked over my shoulder at Seijoh. 'Only the strong remain on the court... Karasuno isn't strong enough yet.'

"Tooru-senpai," I called out to the brunette who was walking down the hall after exiting the bathroom.

He turned around to look at me with a neutral face. "(Y/N)-chan, what can I do for you?" he fakely smiled. "Did you want to talk to me."

"In fact I did," I replied, walking up to him. I stopped when I was only a few feet in front of him. He looked down at me while I looked up at him. "You played amazing... There were some moments in the game where you even shocked me."

"Thank you~ I-

"It hurts ya know." He blinked, confused while I looked down at the ground. "It hurts when someone makes assumptions about you." I gritted my teeth, fists clenching. "Before the match you said that I was a prodigy and I didn't have to work hard to get where I was... That's not true at all! I worked hard ya know?!"

He stayed silent as I started to raise my voice, I didn't know what type of expression he was making, but he just stood there, listening to me. I felt emotional, more so than usual, was it because Karasuno had just lost or was I just that angry at Oikawa?