Chapter 4 - The Games Begin!

It was Monday and the start of the volleyball event. Today we would be playing against fellow first year teams from our own class and others. The games will go on until Wednesday where we will find out which team will represent Karasuno High. Thursday is playing against other schools and then Friday is the finals. Nonetheless, I was kind of excited, our team had a good chance to play a lot of games, but I wasn't sure about us being able to represent our school. Currently the two gyms were occupied by first years. For all of Monday the first years will play games, Tuesday is for the second years and then Wednesday is for the third years.

After all the third year teams play, the first year representatives will play against the second years and then the winner of that game will play the third year representatives in the afternoon, and the winner will represent the entire school. Unlike the first and second years who divided their classes with multiple teams, the third years voted for their classmates to participate in the event. So there are only five third year teams that are going to play on Wednesday. So far my team played four games which we won.

Our team is pretty powerful and with our roles and strategies we have been doing good. Tobio has been playing as setter as the rest of us rotate. Amu and I are mostly in the back since we are good at receiving while Kagera, Yuki, and Kaito change around for the front. I also go in the front from time to time and pull off amazing moves, but I haven't pulled off that freak quick yet since we haven't tried to do it. Tobio called me the ace and captain of the team due to my attitude and how I'm 'opening the way' for the team. Honestly I feel pretty cool right now.

"Hey Yuki what team are we playing next?" Amu asked.

"Class 1-4 Team 2," Yuki answered before going back to his phone.

"Oh they have that really tall blond kid!" Kaito blurted out and Kagera sighed.

"How annoying he'll probably be blocking us," Kagera replied. "So we gotta crush him~"

Sadist, I thought to myself before speaking up, "Kei is a middle blocker right, Tobio?"

"Yeah, he is good at blocking, but he isn't the strongest so he probably won't be able to slam it down, but he will get one touches," Tobio explained as he focused on the game going on.

I hummed and put my hands behind my head as I leaned against the wall. "Like Kagera said, we gotta crush em."

Suddenly a whistle rang through the gym and I looked at the court. The game playing just ended which meant that our game with class 1-4 Team 2 would start in a few minutes. Kaito, Amu, Kagera, Yuki, Tobio, and I all got up from the bleachers and headed down toward the court. Yuki, Kaito, and Kagera would start in the front while Amu, Tobio, and I would be in the back. Since I was the captain of the team I had to be there for the coin toss.

It landed on our side and the ref looked at me. "We'll serve first," I said and smirked at the tall blond in front of me who sneered at me.

The whistle blew and our game started. I was serving first and I thought I should start out strong. Throwing the ball in the air I took six steps forward and jumped before hitting the ball with monstrous strength. The ball hit the court in between two of the players before they could even move.

"Nice serve (Y/N)!" Kaito shouted and Amu smacked my back with a smile on her face.

"Get another good one~!" Kagera yelled with his usual smirk.

I scored another three points before I decided to do a float serve instead of a jump serve. Taking four steps forward after throwing the ball in the air, I gently hit the ball as it floated towards the other side. However it wasn't a perfect float serve since it hit the net and became a net in. A player on the other team got it up and they set it towards Kei.