Chapter 20 - Cats VS Crows

(Y/N) kept her eyes on the court as the players got into position, a notebook and pen in her hand. The pudding-head, whose name she learned was Kenma, was serving first. The whistle blew and he served into the back corner of the court, it was a weak serve, but had a good arc to it. Asahi moved over, receiving the ball horridly making (Y/N) shake her head in exasperation.

"Sorry! It's a bit short!" Asahi yelled as Kageyama ran to cover the ball.

"That's what you get 'cuz you skipped out for a month!" Noya shouted at the ace making him shiver.

"I'm sorry!" he cried.

"Kageyama cover it!" "Right."

As Kageyama ran for the ball, Hinata crossed paths with him. Speeding by, Kageyama jumps up, barely looking over his shoulder as his body turns to set the ball to Hinata who was already in the air, eyes closed. Hinata's hand makes contact with the ball and before anyone realizes what happened the ball landed past Kenma. Everyone stood there, shocked.

"What the?!" Inuoka blurted out in shock. "So fast!"

"A quick from a place like that...?!" Yaku, who was behind him continued.

"What the heck was that?!" Coach Nekomata said, shocked and confused. (Y/N) smirked along with Ukai and Takeda who were grinning evilly. Kiyoko smiled as she wrote in her notebook.

"Nice job Hinata! Kageyama!" "Nice!"

"Tanaka it's your serve!"

"...Amazing, that surprised me," Kenma said to Hinata and the ginger cutely laughed, a slight blush on his face. Kenma narrowed his eyes as he stood there in silence, his cat like orbs dilating. (Y/N) carefully and discreetly glanced at the Nekoma setter, she was getting a bad feeling from him.

Tanaka served, sending a normal serve towards the back corner with a nice arc. "Ooh, Nice arc!" Suga praised, but his thoughts were opposite from his positive words. Knowing Tanaka, it's probably a fluke though, he thought, a smile still on his face. Fukunaga moved over to position himself for the receive, sending it up to Kenma who stood still. The ball went up and Suga frowned. It's been perfectly returned to him!

Using little movement, Kenma sent the ball to Yamamoto who spiked past Hinata's and Kageyama's block. Noya dove slightly, stretching his upper body to receive the spike. "Nice receive!" Kageyama called out and ran towards the ball. Hinata ran up, throwing his arms back before jumping into the air.

Another quick! Inuoka thought to himself only to be tricked by Kageyama who sent the ball to Asahi. With no blockers on him, Asahi spiked the ball and it landed on the court with a lot of force. Karasuno gained another point causing Noya and Hinata to cheer for their ace.

"Hahaha... Incredible... Even though they shouldn't have been able to return the ball just now, we couldn't do a thing to stop it," Coach Nekomata said and crossed his arms. Is he really a high school student? He's got to be an adult right? He questioned, before shaking his head in dismissal. "You've got a good libero and spiker Karasuno! But what's most unexpected is..." His eyes moved to Kageyama. "Probably he setter?"

"Tanaka nice one!" "One more" "Nice Serve!"

Kenma continued to watch the team and (Y/N) kept her eyes glued to him. She nodded, finally deciding. Nekoma's setter would be the most troublesome to deal with. "Something doesn't feel right," Ukai blurted out making both (Y/N) and Tadeka look at him, his face frowning and arms crossed.

"What's the matter?" Takeda questioned and Ukai sighed.

"They could be waiting to see how it'll go... Like they're observing us or somethin'..." He put his hands on his knees, leaning back slightly.