Chapter 48 - First Year (2)

After that day, (Y/N) got along with the boys basketball team even more. She talked to them more frequently and ate lunch with them more too. She also got to know more about Kuroko as she started to train him after school practices in the third gym.

But right now, she was skipping school with Haizaki. The two of them were hiding out at the arcade playing different games. "Shogo you're terrible at shooting games!" (Y/N) complained as the giant words 'LOSER' flashed on the screen.

"Shut up (Y/N)!" Haizaki snapped back, clicking his tongue. "It's not my fault. You should have helped me when I was surrounded."

"Hah?! I was busy killing off the zombies that cornered me!"

"Whatever, let's play another game," Haizaki said and threw an arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder, walking around to find a different game to play.

"Hey, do you think the teachers or someone else will come looking for us?" the girl suddenly asked, pondering if a teammate of theirs would come to drag them back to school.

"No way." Haizaki waved his hand around in a dismissive manner. He smirked. "I mean we both used excuses."

She pouted. "I feel guilty lying to the nurse like that."

He flicked her forehead. "Don't worry about it! We're still young and should enjoy ourselves. We shouldn't stay cooped up in a classroom for hours on end."

"I guess you're right," (Y/N) relented and Haizaki suddenly stopped walking, making her stop as well.

"Let's play this," he said with a smirk and (Y/N) looked over to see it was a fighting game. "You on (Y/N)?"

She smiled up at him. "Get ready to get crushed, old man."

Haizaki let out a laugh and let her go. "Bring it goldilocks."

The two placed down their bags on the floor as they inserted a token into the machine.

"Three... Two... One... Fight!"

(Y/N) stuck out her tongue as she smashed the buttons and moved the handle. Haizaki and her struggled as they attacked each other in the game.

...And in real life.

(Y/N) kicked his ankle and he returned the hit by elbowing her stomach. The two fought like little kids trying to sabotage each other. "Dammit!"

"Quick it Shogo!" "You stop first (Y/N)!"

"Oi!" "Yes!" "No you don't!"

Before they could both activate their ultimate moves in the game, a hand was placed onto both of their shoulders.

"Mind letting go?" (Y/N) asked without taking her eyes off the screen.

"Buzz off asshole, we're busy here," Haizaki grumbled, not even looking to see who had placed their hands on them.

"Is that so, (Y/N), Haizaki?"

The two first years froze at the voice. They looked at each other before robotically turning around to see Nijimura looking at them both with a pissed off expression, a fire seemingly behind him.

"Geh!" "S-Shuzo-senpai!"

"Skipping school for the arcade, I'm disappointed in you two, especially you (Y/N)," Nijimura said and the said girl deflated. If she had dog ears on her head then they would slump down.

"S-Sorry Shuzo-senpai..." 'I hate getting scolded by Shuzo-senpai and disappointing him! He's too good!' "Please don't be disappointed in me!" Tears brimmed her eyes.